'15 TN ATH Jocquez Bruce (UT commit 6/17/14)

Coach Jones At South Doyle With Coach Duncan Yesterday.. checking up on Bruce..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: 1 person
He's good but idk if he's UT or bama good.. We'll see how his senior year goes.

Logan Mathes. He's the kicker/punter. Been working with wilhoit a lot the past year. He just got into kicking a few years ago. He was a really good soccer player.

Kickers at SD?

Does he know the Mitchells? Good people.

Kickers at SD?

Does he know the Mitchells? Good people.

He's a nationally ranked punter.. He's supposed to go to the chris sailor camp in Vegas, and did pretty good at a camp in ga not long ago. The thing is- he just started kicking/punting where other kids he's camping with have been doing it forever.. He was a WR before. He's about 6'4 right now and looks like he's still growing.

Idk about the Mitchell's. I could ask dad or Logan. If they have anything to do with kicking or SD, I'm sure they do. They've gotten in pretty good with the colquitts and wilhoit in the past year.

Anyways- I've not heard anything but good things about Joc. They say he's a good kid.

Edit- dad said he's a helmet thrower and pushed Duncan on the sideline last year after he got pulled for fumbling..

Last edited:
Jones and offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian started the day by checking on a number of prospects at Knoxville-area schools, including three-star 2015 defensive end Dylan Jackson of Maryville (Tenn.) High School and 2015 athlete Jocquez Bruce of Knoxville’s South-Doyle High School. - 247 Sports

He's a nationally ranked punter.. He's supposed to go to the chris sailor camp in Vegas, and did pretty good at a camp in ga not long ago. The thing is- he just started kicking/punting where other kids he's camping with have been doing it forever.. He was a WR before. He's about 6'4 right now and looks like he's still growing.

Idk about the Mitchell's. I could ask dad or Logan. If they have anything to do with kicking or SD, I'm sure they do. They've gotten in pretty good with the colquitts and wilhoit in the past year.

Nah, they're just an SD family. One of their boys kicked for them a year or 2 back.

Bruce has went to work in the weight room and Cherokee head coach Clark Duncan has instantly seen a difference in his soon to be senior tailback.

"I've seen Joc work on the football field and he's brought it into the weight room," Duncan said. "Another thing is he's pushing guys. He's becoming a leader. I think what he's doing is going to give him a chance to do what he wants and that's play Division 1 football."

He has heard recently from Texas A&M and LSU. Tennessee has been on Bruce for several months and head coach Butch Jones recently stopped by to check in on Bruce with Duncan.

"It makes me feel more comfortable," Bruce said. "It was good to know they came by to check in with coach Duncan. He told coach Duncan he wants me to come to camp and come over for Junior day and other events. They want to get to know me more."

-VQ

Article says he gave up playing basketball so he could focus on football, spending more time in the weight room getting stronger.

Reactions: 2 people
how do you earn an offer at junior day? he may receive an offer at junior day. he could earn an offer during summer camps

This isn't the '14 class.. We don't have near as many schollies to play with. I'm sure the staff will wait til they see his senior year and where they stand with others before they give him a real offer. Too many questions for one this early IMO.

From the twitter thread it looks like he has on pants with cargo pockets in the front... Still counts as a Vol lock tho right? Close enough to cargo shorts.

VN Store

Back