'15 NM QB Zach Gentry

Looks like Louisville is his next best offer right now. I'm sure that will change though...this kid is impressive

Looks like Louisville is his next best offer right now. I'm sure that will change though...this kid is impressive

Thanks, I don't know why any QB wouldn't want to go to UT due to having North, Malone, Williams, Helm, etc.

I hope we can pull Stidham and Gentry at QB, then Jennings as an athlete

I'm really liking Gentry and the Gibson kid out of FL. Also Jennings and Stidham. I think realistically maybe have the best shot at ending up with Gentry and Jennings but it's still early. I would be extremely happy with that pair.

Reactions: 2 people
Ainge sure was talking this kid up today. Said he has a better arm than most starting QBs in the SEC. Said he can make more throws than anyone except mettenburger. He was gushing over this kid. said he would love for us to end up with him.

Doesn't surprise me that Ainge likes him. Tall QB, basketball background, from a non football power state out west. Lets just hope he has Erik's good attributes and none of his bad ones.

2015 NM QB Zach Gentry

@ZGentry_11: S/O to @cbrentv3 @IndyVolFan @utstick @UTVolsTalk @OneTennessee and the rest of the #Vols for all the support!

Reactions: 2 people
Vols Offer 2015 QB Zach Gentry

CBJ looking ahead to 2015 at a four star QB could this be the play caller for Tennessee's next NC?

Itll be interesting to see what the experts say...did he play baseball? Looks promising, runs spread well. Very tall, big guy. Has nice touch. Looks like his throwing motion is a baseball throwing motion. So I wonder if butch gets ahold of him he can help,get some zip on those long passes?
With that quick release he should throw it through a wall.

Good find. Hope he doesn't go to Texas or Florida.

You never know; however, that next great Qb might already be on the team now.

I'm not saying we do not have talent at QB now what I mean is if we get Gentry by the time he is ready to play we will be a very solid team with depth all around

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The article mentions how Coach Jones taylors his offense around his qb. It makef me wonder why that wasn't the plan with Bray. Bray said that he knew it was time to leave when Jones was talking about how UT was going to be a running team.

Unless we find someone with an NFL type arm I would rather have someone that can pull it down and take off.

The article mentions how Coach Jones taylors his offense around his qb. It makef me wonder why that wasn't the plan with Bray. Bray said that he knew it was time to leave when Jones was talking about how UT was going to be a running team.

Bray took money a la Mo Couch. It is probable (although I don't know how likely) that he left while considering that more so than Jones' offense.

Bray heard, "I'm gonna hold you accountable" and he was out the door. The kid had a lot of talent and yes, we would have been better this year if he stayed, but he also had a huge attitude problem.

Reactions: 6 people
“It was amazing,” said Gentry, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 242 overall prospect and No. 10 pro-style quarterback in the 2015 class. “I was not expecting it, but Tennessee’s a big-time school, big-time history and tradition. It was an amazing feeling hearing that from Coach Jones the other morning.”

“Coach ‘Jake’ told me that they hadn’t planned on offering me this soon, but he took some video while he was out — a highlight tape,” said Gentry, who rushed for more than 1,100 yards this year and claims to have been timed at 4.68 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

“Coach Jones told me they had analyzed it that morning, and he said they didn’t want to wait any longer because they like my athleticism and my throwing ability."

“I’ve watched a lot of their games,” he said. “They’re always one of those teams that’s pretty heavily televised in this region, so I’ve always watched them when they were on TV growing up and everything. I’d really love to go up to Tennessee, for sure.”

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back