'15 NJ QB Brandon Wimbush

This may have been discussed already, but with Wimbush committing, is it thought that he would come off of the tOSU board and the focus would be turned to Gibson? Wasn't Gibson thought to be number two on Urban Meyer's short list of QB prospects this year? If so, how would this effect our chances of landing TG? I know many people believe we don't get him to sign anyway, but as a young, hopeful Volunteer fan who has just recently gotten into the recruiting scene, I am holding out for him. However, I do feel that Wimbush does drop down the board for Coach Meyer and that this shooting match might end up being between tOSU and the Barn instead of UT and the later. Either way, it will be interesting to watch unfold. Go Big Orange.

-SoMissVol

I think it could very well play into things. osu has offered 9 QBs. 4 are already off the board. 2 of the FL kids I think stay in state. One is an a&m lock IMO. That leaves Nunez and Gibson. I think usce has the inside track for Nunez. IMO Gibson to osu is likely to happen.

I think it could very well play into things. osu has offered 9 QBs. 4 are already off the board. 2 of the FL kids I think stay in state. One is an a&m lock IMO. That leaves Nunez and Gibson. I think usce has the inside track for Nunez. IMO Gibson to osu is likely to happen.

Either that or they have to offer their #10 QB on the board...says Butch Jones.

Even though Tennessee, LSU and Auburn are more likely according to his list? Maybe the kid's trolling but why would we think OSU is the favorite when he says they're 4th? Honest question.

Even though Tennessee, LSU and Auburn are more likely according to his list? Maybe the kid's trolling but why would we think OSU is the favorite when he says they're 4th? Honest question.

He hasn't visited OSU yet. That would be one reason for concern although one could speculate on what is his actual interest considering he hasn't been up there while he's made it up to UT, Oklahoma, LSU etc...

If he'd wanted to visit OSU he could have, he went to Oklahoma. I just think he really wants to play in the SEC cause he knows it's the elite conference. He even told OSU beat writers they were slipping behind. Everyone keeps comparing him to chuma, but chuma was open about him trolling.

People assume gibson to OSU because urban called him his number one target early. They formed a link between the two and now just assume it's what is going to happen.

HG has been pretty adamant it has been OSU the whole time. I'd be pretty curious to see if he still feels that way.

"Shock the world".

4th to 1st on NSD would "shock" a lot of folks who bought into the "list".

I get he has not visited osu. He did spend some time with the osu staff/team when they were in FL a while back. He has an OV planned to osu. It's JMO that that is where he is headed as of now.

"Shock the world".

4th to 1st on NSD would "shock" a lot of folks who bought into the "list".

I get he has not visited osu. He did spend some time with the osu staff/team when they were in FL a while back. He has an OV planned to osu. It's JMO that that is where he is headed as of now.

I understand it's just your opinion but you have nothing to base it on. To me it just comes off as negative thinking like there's no way TG would pick us over OSU. I'm glad our coaching staff doesn't think this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back