'15 NC DT Shy Tuttle (UT commit 9/26/14)

One question remains unanswered. Is he tuttley enough for the Tuttle club?

Reactions: 2 people
“It’s pretty cool. I’ve definitely got to come back and watch a game,” said Tuttle, who’s ranked the No. 27 overall prospect in the 2015 class[.]

“I mean, (I liked) just standing on the field and looking around, seeing how big the stadium is,” Tuttle said. “I heard it was big, but seeing it and hearing it are two (different) things.”

Tuttle said he received an offer from the Vols earlier this year, and Tennessee’s coaches made it clear Wednesday that they’re interested in him.

“They just want me to keep coming back,” he said.

On a future decision:
“I don’t know,” Tuttle said. “I’m kind of just planning it as I go, I guess.”

Tuttle said he didn’t “really” have a favorite team growing up, but he has an idea of what he’s hoping to find in a college.

“I mean, early playing time would be nice,” he said. “I don’t think being far from home would be (a big deal), other than my parents coming (to games).”

Butch is WORKING.

Reactions: 5 people
Either he has a small head, or he has one of the biggest upper bodies I've ever seen.

Saw him the other day. Looked really fat. Not a seemingly muscular build. Could be wrong. Just looked like he needed to slim down and put on muscle.

Saw him the other day. Looked really fat. Not a seemingly muscular build. Could be wrong. Just looked like he needed to slim down and put on muscle.

It's called a major college S&C program. VERY few high school DT''s posess the physical maturity needed to be a immediate contributor, especially in this conference.

I'm a big "names" guy and I LOVE this guy's name!!

It's called a major college S&C program. VERY few high school DT''s posess the physical maturity needed to be a immediate contributor, especially in this conference.

Yeah, which is why that I'm glad we are building depth where we can set these kids up to succeed on the field. I long for the day when you know if a FR makes it on the field, he's amazing. I hate having to throw these kids in, before they are mentally and physically ready.

Glad to be building some depth in this program. Still a long way off though.

“The atmosphere was sweet. I liked the way the crowd and the team got into it[.] The first time (at Tennessee), I toured the school, but it was totally different watching the game and seeing the people. It was pretty cool seeing the boats that came up on the river. It was nice.”

“One of my teachers said they had been there before, and a couple of people said it was crazy,” he said. And, yeah, it was pretty crazy.”

The Vols also impressed Tuttle with how they looked on the field.

“I saw the team got into it and was just jumping around,” he said. “I thought that was sweet — just how close they are, I guess. ... And I like the way (Stripling) rotates (defensive linemen) in and never lets them get too tired.”

He said that he talks to Stripling and Elder a lot, and Elder is his main contact. He enjoyed the Smokey Grey jerseys. He is supposed to go see tOSU vs. Penn. State next weekend, and he is hoping to visit USCe and UGA before the end of the season. In regards to a decision, he said that he will most likely wait until his senior year. He is interested in a lot of schools, and he did not identify any early favorites.

just heard about this guy recently and my niece goes to school with him, don't think she really knows him but still. north davidson is a school that's been good at football for 20+ years, that i know of but as far as any kind of S&C program, it's a pretty small and public high school so they kind of have the standard high school weight room and not much else

mark elder, the vols’ tight ends coach and special teams coordinator, was in north carolina on monday to see a number of 2015 prospects, including five-star defensive tackle shy tuttle, top247 defensive end darian roseboro and top247 cornerback mark fields.

Reactions: 4 people
North davidson is a good sized 4a school and hss had a good s & c program in all sports for a while now. Fields roseboro and tuttle would be nice gets from nc next year along with reid.

Mark Elder, UT’s tight ends coach and special teams coordinator, traveled to North Carolina to check on several 2015 prospects, including elite defensive tackle Shy Tuttle, Top247 defensive end Jalen Dalton, four-star cornerback Mark Fields and athlete Carl Tucker. - 247 Sports

SHY TUTTLE DL, 6-2/308, LEXINGTON, N.C.

REASON FOR THE RANKING: Tuttle is ranked as a top 20 player in the country and deservedly so. A dominant defensive tackleat 308-pounds, he shows great athleticism on the line of scrimmage. What may be even more impressive, Tuttle played his entire junior season with a shoulder injury that is going to require surgery this offseason. Even injured, Tuttle made a huge impact.

THE SKINNY: Tuttle has become one of the top targets on the defensive line for Tennessee the last several months and Tuttle is planning to make his first trip to Tennessee this month for the Vols' junior day Feb. 15. But, he has a tie to Clemson as his uncle played receiver there years ago and the instate schools, North Carolina and North Carolina State, are already pushing him hard as are Alabama and Georgia. If he makes it on campus, the Vols will have an opportunity to impress Tuttle but he's planning numerous visits this spring.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
I feel like once the recruits get on campus and see everything we have and meet our players they will fall in love with UT

This kid is my biggest want for 2015 after Torrance Gibson. Need a big nasty DT and his name is hilarious to me.

Reactions: 3 people
Just like last year and it did - make it happen, Butch. No brainer to take this one.

VN Store

Back