'15 NC DT Shy Tuttle (UT commit 9/26/14)

I thought had a really great showing at the his AA game? 247, ESPN, Rivals. They all hate us.

/sarcasm

I think Khalil will keep him hyped and engaged in the games here at UT. and his one year with Maggit should keep him engaged too, Maggit seems like the hype man for UT, he won't let you be quiet.

The fact he is an EE will make all the difference in the world. His body will change a ton between now and the first game of his Vol career. He and KM will both garner significant play time this fall.

I think KMac and Tuttle will make an immediate impact on the DL in 2015. Our defense if going to be nasty.

The fact he is an EE will make all the difference in the world. His body will change a ton between now and the first game of his Vol career. He and KM will both garner significant play time this fall.

Agree. Tuttle has some work to do to get in shape to be able to give full effort for a large number of snaps. That's fixable and nothing to worry about. He has all the thing you can't teach which is crazy athleticism for his size.

Reactions: 1 person
Tuttle with the media today:

TUTTLE: it's beneficial to get here early and get coaching early on.

TUTTLE: The coaches talked to me more as a person than a recruit. They are special people.

TUTTLE: I scored six touchdowns as a junior and 2-3 as a senior from out of the backfield.

TUTTLE: I weigh 313 right now, I want to get to 305

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Per Hubbs

With a bit less fanfare but no less effectiveness, Shy Tuttle has really impressed in camp. He's got great strength and very promising burst for someone his size off the line.

Stripling, it should be noted, also praised Tuttle for setting a good example all the way back to January with how Tuttle arrived on Rocky Top and seamlessly blended into a "very smooth meeting room."

Reactions: 14 people
the freshmen will help tremendously helpful in short yardage/ goal line situations and keeping guys off our ends and line backers.

If they can get to a point cardio wise where they can go 7,8,9 plays in row look out.

I believe this is why we are getting a lot of media love now, knowledgeable people are are starting to buy into our defense; defense wins championships.

Our offense may be good, I believe our defense will be great by the end of the year, maybe sooner.

I believe this is why we are getting a lot of media love now, knowledgeable people are are starting to buy into our defense; defense wins championships.

Our offense may be good, I believe our defense will be great by the end of the year, maybe sooner.

I bought into this defense back in the Spring. They're late. :)

VN Store

Back