'15 Mon Denson GA RB

Could a lot of other schools not say the same thing about UT?

Alright Denson. Good luck behind Hurd, Paulk and Scott. ALL coming in the last class.

Depth charts should come into play and not just at schools we are recruiting against. That said, I think we will land us at least 1 good RB in 2015.

Our recruiting pitch at the RB position is still very simple and should help us land another elite back in 2015. By the time that recruit gets on campus, all it will take is one injury and he will see significant playing time as a true freshman. If RB does not want to come to Tennessee in the 2015 class, then they are stupid. There is plenty of playing time available early, if something happens to just one of our 3 FR RBs.

Our recruiting pitch at the RB position is still very simple and should help us land another elite back in 2015. By the time that recruit gets on campus, all it will take is one injury and he will see significant playing time as a true freshman. If RB does not want to come to Tennessee in the 2015 class, then they are stupid. There is plenty of playing time available early, if something happens to just one of our 3 FR RBs.

Hill and or Pickett could be in the mix as well.

If it plays out like it did last year, losing 1 of the RBs to injury would not play much into the new #3 guy seeing a lot of action. Tom Smith had the 3rd most carries as a RB for UT last season and he had all of 24 carries for the year. If the RB coming in performs better than #1 and or #2, maybe he gets some significant PT early on.

Much like the trouble recruiting/signing top QBs a year after signing 2 elite 11 guys, I could see the same issue with RB this year.

Hill and or Pickett could be in the mix as well.

If it plays out like it did last year, losing 1 of the RBs to injury would not play much into the new #3 guy seeing a lot of action. Tom Smith had the 3rd most carries as a RB for UT last season and he had all of 24 carries for the year. If the RB coming in performs better than #1 and or #2, maybe he gets some significant PT early on.

Much like the trouble recruiting/signing top QBs a year after signing 2 elite 11 guys, I could see the same issue with RB this year.

I don't buy it. Alabama, Georgia, Florida State, and other top-notch programs do not have a problem recruiting top RBs every year. Why should we?

Reactions: 3 people
Whens this guy get a true rating. He looks like a top 200 guy atleast. Hope we make him a high priority. He's my personal fav at RB this cycle so far.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't buy it. Alabama, Georgia, Florida State, and other top-notch programs do not have a problem recruiting top RBs every year. Why should we?

I'll give the same reason I did when I expected we would have issues landing a top QB after taking 2 in a year.

When your winning 5 games a year and sitting home at bowl time, stacking top talent will be an issue. Other top programs are able to do it because they are currently top programs. Kids are more willing to risk riding the bench if it comes with a chance at a national title shot IMO. UT was able to sell early PT at alot of spots for the 2014 class. Not sure I see it that way in 2015. When UT gets back to being respectable on the field, stockpiling elite talent will become easier. We are just not there yet.

Last edited:
I'll give the same reason I did when I expected we would have issues landing a top QB after taking 2 in a year.

When your winning 5 games a year and sitting home at bowl time, stacking top talent will be an issue. Other top programs are able to do it because they are currently top programs. Kids are more willing to risk riding the bench if it comes with a chance at a national title shot IMO. UT was able to sell early PT at alot of spots for the 2014 class. Not sure I see it that way in 2015. When UT gets back to being respectable on the field, stockpiling elite talent will become easier. We are just not there yet.

I can't disagree with your rationalization here. With that said, I still believe we land an elite RB this cycle.

Could a lot of other schools not say the same thing about UT?

Alright Denson. Good luck behind Hurd, Paulk and Scott. ALL coming in the last class.

Depth charts should come into play and not just at schools we are recruiting against. That said, I think we will land us at least 1 good RB in 2015.

To be honest... given our RB stable until the '14 class... I didn't even consider the same thing applying to Tennessee. I'm all like, "Oh, damn.. nice!"

"It was a surprise. It came out of nowhere to me," Denson said. "It was my first time speaking to them. Coach Gillespie told me he liked what he saw and that he liked that I was a big, explosive back coming out of the backfield and he said everyone is sleeping on me. He said he's going to start recruiting me hard and he got me on the phone with the head coach and he told me I had an offer to play at the University of Tennessee.

"I know a little bit about them. I went to their camp when I was in the ninth grade as a defensive back. But, I never expected to get an offer at running back from an SEC team."

Right now, Denson said Georgia, who has not offered, and North Carolina are on top for his services. North Carolina has been recruiting him as long as anyone and he already has a nice relationship built with their staff. "I love coach (Chris Kapilovic). He's just a nice guy. Now I just want to go up there and get to know the staff and see how they are and see if it's like home up there," Denson said.

"I never envisioned myself in the SEC as a running back, I saw myself as a defensive back in the SEC or a running back in the ACC. So, Tennessee has jumped out at me, too," Denson said.

-VQ

Fast, great vision, and can run between the tackles. What I really like, is that he hits top speed in about 3 steps. UGA will be stupid if they let him go.

Mon Denson RB, 5-10/215, LaGrange, Ga.

Denson had a big spring that earned him more than 15 offers including Tennessee and the Vols have become a real factor for the Georgia tailback. Right now, it seems the Vols and North Carolina have a bit of separation from the rest of the pack and Denson has yet to visit Tennessee but is counting on that changing this summer. Other schools, like Wisconsin, Arkansas, N.C. State and Kansas State are in play as well.
-VolQuest.com.

Reactions: 1 person
I really like this kid. But I like Kamara and Love better. But I would be very happy if this kid ended up here. Like his power and speed combo

catches the ball well and runs with some nice power. Kid will prob play in college around 220lbs. i like him. That Lagrange area always has some athletes. Pretty close to Auburn. I used to live around there. I like any RB that Wisconsin and Arkansas are high on. Arky may not do much right but they get RBs right.

It seems to me the staff wants one bruiser and one quick back for this class. I think Reid would be classified as the bruiser already so I'm wondering where it leaves this guy.

VN Store

Back