'15 Mon Denson GA RB

Who has come out of there? Honest question.

Rueben Foster went there before he transferred.

Dooley took a commitment from a kid that played there in 13' I believe but he got dropped when Jones was hired.

There's a few others but I'd have to research it.

Rueben Foster went there before he transferred.

Dooley took a commitment from a kid that played there in 13' I believe but he got dropped when Jones was hired.

There's a few others but I'd have to research it.

Joe Sanders was the kid that got the boot, I believe.

Quan Bray from AU went to Lagrange. As did JC Copeland of LSU.

After researching on Rivals, they had probably anywhere from 5-10 kids go to major D1 schools every year. UK has taken several kids.

From 247-

"He ran a 4.47 at the Adidas camp a couple weeks ago. He has good film. He's worked on his flexibility over the last three months. He doesn't run as stiff now. He also plays safety. Very powerful and physical kid." - Cory Fravel

Also from varsity preps, posted Dec 2013

Coach Branch on Mon Denson at LB:

“Mon is really physical, a great run stopper and can cover underneath from side to side. He was forced to play LB for us this year out of necessity. He’s a hybrid on defense. He’s a safety that goes down in the box, but can play the linebacker position because he’s explosive and a natural hitter. Sometimes, he has trouble getting off blocks, but to be fair, he split time at RB and really didn’t have the reps at linebacker. People haven’t seen his best football. ”

Coach Branch on Mon Denson at RB:
“Mon possesses a level of explosiveness where he does not get caught from behind. He has great field vision and a knack for finding the crease. He’s a punishing blocker and has a chance to be a great running back at the D-1 level. If he gets to the outside, he can do some damage on the edge. He’s a really likable kid that is always smiling. He has to improve on his leadership, but every year he’s improved. Next year, he’ll be the “bell cow” and should carry the ball 30 times a game. He’s got to step up to do that for our team to be successful. LaGrange HS will go as Mon Denson goes

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
About 9:05 in that video I'm pretty sure he puts a kid in the hospital. He's a very strong hitter and has a good nose for the football, plus he already looks a solid 210. Honestly I think this kid has the ability to be a great RB at the next level, but his other intangibles make him a nice looking S/LB prospect as well. Nice work by the staff to extend the first SEC offer.

I dont think he's slow in his cuts at all. I think he has amazing instinct and times them very well. Also very good body control and balance. Those things combined with power and a north/south mentality has future star written all over this dude. I was thinking Bo Jackson type but the Herchel Walker comparison is more spot on if he leaves HS over 6 ft. tall.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I dont think he's slow in his cuts at all. I think he has amazing instinct and times them very well. Also very good body control and balance. Those things combined with power and a north/south mentality has future star written all over this dude. I was thinking Bo Jackson type but the Herchel Walker comparison is more spot on if he leaves HS over 6 ft. tall.

Herschel was 6'1" 225lbs if memory serves me. This kid could end up that size. And considering he wears number 34 and has that bruising running style .... Oh yea, definitely Herschel Walker.

Said he was "pleasantly surprised" by the offer. Said he found out on the offer through Coach Jones and Coach Gillespie on the phone. Said he definitely wants to visit the Vols and soon.

UNC leads right now. He's visiting them this weekend. He came out and said that if UGA offered, it would be tough to beat. Our coaches are selling him on that he can be a guy that gets 40 carries a game... In other words, a horse. And he likes that.

He's been to UT's campus already once before. He came when he was a freshman in HS to a camp and worked out as a DB.

Per 247

“I’ve been waiting on the SEC to come into the picture, because the ACC, really, they’re on me,”

“I’ve heard a lot about them. I camped at Tennessee my ninth-grade year, but I went (as a) defensive back,” he said. “I liked it — the facility and everything — because that was my first college camp I ever went to. It was really nice to be up there. I saw the practice field, the team room and stuff like that. It’s not too far and not too close to home. It’s just right.”

As TCV noted, he said that UGA is the offer that he's waiting on. Dawg if they want him.

As TCV noted, he said that UGA is the offer that he's waiting on. Dawg if they want him.

I agree. Which hurts since our D will have to try to catch him. Hope they fall asleep at the wheel or recruit around him.

Alright, Denson. Good luck behind Gurley and/or Marshall if they stay, JJ Green, then Sony Michael and Nick Chubb.

You might see more action if you go to Alabama.

Alright, Denson. Good luck behind Gurley and/or Marshall if they stay, JJ Green, then Sony Michael and Nick Chubb.

You might see more action if you go to Alabama.

Could a lot of other schools not say the same thing about UT?

Alright Denson. Good luck behind Hurd, Paulk and Scott. ALL coming in the last class.

Depth charts should come into play and not just at schools we are recruiting against. That said, I think we will land us at least 1 good RB in 2015.

Could a lot of other schools not say the same thing about UT?

Alright Denson. Good luck behind Hurd, Paulk and Scott. ALL coming in the last class.

Depth charts should come into play and not just at schools we are recruiting against. That said, I think we will land us at least 1 good RB in 2015.

If healthy, Gurley/Marshall will man 90% of the Dawg carries with Michel and Chubb using that other 10 as an audition for the following season...if they impress in their limited sample size,15 recruits will make their business decisions...if they struggle to adjust or show normal adjustment to the game,the next season's starring RB crown with Gurley/Marshall ready for Sundays...will probably net them at least two that we'd like.

If healthy, Gurley/Marshall will man 90% of the Dawg carries with Michel and Chubb using that other 10 as an audition for the following season...if they impress in their limited sample size,15 recruits will make their business decisions...if they struggle to adjust or show normal adjustment to the game,the next season's starring RB crown with Gurley/Marshall ready for Sundays...will probably net them at least two that we'd like.

With the state of TN producing better talent, RB is a position I'm not real worried about this year. There are several good backs available instate this year and over the next few years. After landing 3 very good ones last year, I think someone like Bruce or Vaughn would fit in nicely. There are also a couple good ones over in the Memphis area.

VN Store

Back