'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

Kamara in Oregon's offense would be SICK. They'd make the best use of him. Probably going to Bama though, of course.

wow baby avatar is gonna ball its eyes out if Alvin goes somewhere else!

No, I'm big boy unlike some of you. If he chooses us in the end, then I along with a lot of other VN posters will be ecstatic. If he doesn't, then he found a better fit for his skill set. No biggie. There are many fish in the sea. Would love for AK to be a Vol, but he has to do what he feels is best for him. I only kept saying that I felt that we had (and still do) have a real shot at landing him...and yes, it is because of his relationship with Croom and Mzterry. If you think that relationships don't matter, then go to the Brendan Langley thread where he has us sitting at #2 on his list, because he likes what we have to offer, but ALSO because he and Brian Randolph are close friends. He said specifically that the fact Randolph is at TN has us in the mix for his signature. All the smoke points to AK going elsewhere, but don't count out the Vols just yet on this one.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Because the RBs looking at UA are syaing the same thing. They do not want to be the next Lattimore, a workhorse that is rode into the ground. Ingram and TR shared carries and MI went to the 1st rd same as TR with Lacy.

Alot of their quotes keep talking about how the shelf life of a RB is short and the less wear they can put on their body in college is a lesser chance to get hurt and play longer in the league. They like at UA they will share the load and still get the notice they need for the next level without having to be an every down back.

Just saying but our depth has not hurt a RB yet at UA under Saban. It may be getting deeper but if you can earn the time you will see the field.

The only thing is that if DHart would not have gone down you would have Lacy or Fowler possibly leaving.
I respect your opinion and I'm not going to say I wouldn't want TN to recruit the same way if it was working. However, like another poster I do think this strategy has limited life and once it happens opponents will definitely point it out to recruits.

On another note, of what I have seen thus far of chaneys offense the one stud running back would have plenty of life with the existing running backs we have now.

Just my two cents. If you are an elite running back prospect now is the time to come to UT.

The only thing is that if DHart would not have gone down you would have Lacy or Fowler possibly leaving.
I respect your opinion and I'm not going to say I wouldn't want TN to recruit the same way if it was working. However, like another poster I do think this strategy has limited life and once it happens opponents will definitely point it out to recruits.

On another note, of what I have seen thus far of chaneys offense the one stud running back would have plenty of life with the existing running backs we have now.

Just my two cents. If you are an elite running back prospect now is the time to come to UT.

I think all a top RB needs to see is the chance to get alot of carries atleast 2 years in their career and atleast one being the feature back. And as long as UA has a freshman RB see the field every year these RBs will keep looking at UA.

My 1 cent my wife took my other. 8)

Reactions: 1 person
"I have been talking to a ton of coaches on the phone, so I will keep doing that, get a few more visits in, then I will be ready to cut my list down. After that, I plan to commit in August."

It looks like only three spots remain open to make Kamara's final list. Two schools have already secured their spot to be in his top five.

"Alabama is in and Georgia is too. I really like the coaches at those two schools a lot. Alabama is a very good program and Georgia is the in-state school, so they are both going to be in my top five. Those are the only ones I know right now."

"I have been talking to a ton of coaches on the phone, so I will keep doing that, get a few more visits in, then I will be ready to cut my list down. After that, I plan to commit in August."

It looks like only three spots remain open to make Kamara's final list. Two schools have already secured their spot to be in his top five.

"Alabama is in and Georgia is too. I really like the coaches at those two schools a lot. Alabama is a very good program and Georgia is the in-state school, so they are both going to be in my top five. Those are the only ones I know right now."

Vol lock... he's just sandbagging. :ermm:

lloyd-gag-o.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

I don't know why they don't mention Oregon. He already said they were in his top 5. Anyway , thanks for the info TW. :hi:

i really hope we can get Kamara. I think that we have a good chance with his relationship with Croom, but he is the perfect back for oregon with Lemichael James leaving last year and Kenyon Barnor leaving this up coming year, he would be a perfect fit for them JMO

VN Store

Back