'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

I'm hoping MZTerry will chime in and make us all feel a little better....

But on the other hand I'm beginning to think the Croom relationship isn't going to be a selling point, just icon on the cake if he winds up at UT

Kinda glad she's not. Too much drama from posters that were taking sides with her and against her.

Reactions: 2 people
Well its real simple if he wants to be recruited over and be buried in depth then go to bama. If you want PT come to TN. One thing I don't understand about recruiting or these kids sometimes. You would think they would understand:

Not getting on the field on Saturdays = Not getting on field on Sundays. It is just common sense that is all.

D. Hart, Folwer, Lacy, and Yeldon. That looks like my dynasty on NCAA 2012 at running back with all of them 99 OVR.

I mean I can't understand why these kids don't go to a school where they will get to play.

Well its real simple if he wants to be recruited over and be buried in depth then go to bama. If you want PT come to TN. One thing I don't understand about recruiting or these kids sometimes. You would think they would understand:

Not getting on the field on Saturdays = Not getting on field on Sundays. It is just common sense that is all.

D. Hart, Folwer, Lacy, and Yeldon. That looks like my dynasty on NCAA 2012 at running back with all of them 99 OVR.

I mean I can't understand why these kids don't go to a school where they will get to play.

He will see the field at whatever school he goes to. I see the point you're trying to make, but he is too good to not play.

Because the RBs looking at UA are syaing the same thing. They do not want to be the next Lattimore, a workhorse that is rode into the ground. Ingram and TR shared carries and MI went to the 1st rd same as TR with Lacy.

Alot of their quotes keep talking about how the shelf life of a RB is short and the less wear they can put on their body in college is a lesser chance to get hurt and play longer in the league. They like at UA they will share the load and still get the notice they need for the next level without having to be an every down back.

Just saying but our depth has not hurt a RB yet at UA under Saban. It may be getting deeper but if you can earn the time you will see the field.

Because the RBs looking at UA are syaing the same thing. They do not want to be the next Lattimore, a workhorse that is rode into the ground. Ingram and TR shared carries and MI went to the 1st rd same as TR with Lacy.

Alot of their quotes keep talking about how the shelf life of a RB is short and the less wear they can put on their body in college is a lesser chance to get hurt and play longer in the league. They like at UA they will share the load and still get the notice they need for the next level without having to be an every down back.

Just saying but our depth has not hurt a RB yet at UA under Saban. It may be getting deeper but if you can earn the time you will see the field.

This. No RB wants to be the feature back for 3-4 years in college not making money. That's 3 less years of making money in the NFL. RBs have a short shelf life. 2 years of being the man is more than enough to be a 1st rounder. I just don't get how people still use the PT argument for getting RBs to UT. Every shred of evidence shows that elite RBs want to be surrounded by other elte RBs, so their bodies will last longer in the NFL.

Lattimore only had about 3 more carries per game more than Trent in 2011, and even that comparison is skewed because of the 37 carry game he had which was not the norm. I don't consider that being rode into the ground, unless you are saying Trent was as well. Lattimore just had a freak injury, so the sharing the load argument doesn't make much sense when looking at one season. Now over 3 years, that may make more sense, but even then if the stats play out the same then it would still be very similar.

I think it is just a recruiting spin that Bama is using, and it is definitely working.

Last edited:
Lattimore only had about 3 more carries per game more than Trent in 2011, and even that comparison is skewed because of the 37 carry game he had which was not the norm. I don't consider that being rode into the ground, unless you are saying Trent was as well. Lattimore just had a freak injury, so the sharing the load argument doesn't make much sense when looking at one season. Now over 3 years, that may make more sense, but even then if the stats play out the same then it would still be very similar.

I think it is just a recruiting spin that Bama is using, and it is definitely working.

It's the over 3-4 years part. Elite RBs want to be the workhorse for 1-2 years, not 3-4. Your body gets beat up, and the more carries you have, the higher odds of "freak injuries" happening. It's not the number of carries in one season, it's how many carries over their college career. Save the wear and tear for when you're actually getting paid for it. You have to prove you can handle the full workload for a season or two, but not for 3-4.

Brilliant recruiting strategy

With that stable of RB's and more coming in, how will they be able to maintain all of them to be the main man for one or two years. They have done it so far. However, if they keep adding at this pace, someone will get left behind. Now, if they did like LSU, I would understand. But, you can only have two guys getting alot of carries in any one year. When you start splitting it three ways, you do not have a main man which is one guy. The only way to do that and for one year is to have a total of 4 who keep moving up to be the senior after a year. I agree you only need one or two years to show what you got but UA has not used that system with two first rounders for the last eight years to show it is maintainable over a long period of time.

With that stable of RB's and more coming in, how will they be able to maintain all of them to be the main man for one or two years. They have done it so far. However, if they keep adding at this pace, someone will get left behind. Now, if they did like LSU, I would understand. But, you can only have two guys getting alot of carries in any one year. When you start splitting it three ways, you do not have a main man which is one guy. The only way to do that and for one year is to have a total of 4 who keep moving up to be the senior after a year. I agree you only need one or two years to show what you got but UA has not used that system with two first rounders for the last eight years to show it is maintainable over a long period of time.

UA has never had the talent at RB or I should say in depth that we are heading to now. Also you never know who is going to be a bust and who will be a 1st rounder.

But TR at any other program like a USC staying healthy would have probably won the Heisman or be getting close to 2k yards a season. At UA he shared the load and was only the feature back 1 year with other RBs with more yds and was drafted 1st rd.

Someone told me this morning to watch out for uscw here. Who knows if it's valid.

Wherever. Just get him out of the sec if he ain't gonna be a vol.

No doubt.

I don't even know why this thread kept getting bumped. We were never in this race.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Should be one, but if you go by what a recuit says and the pointing indications then this shouldn't be news to many. Only few held out hope....

VN Store

Back