'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

If he's third on the depth chart, we saw just how good Derrell Scott was early and often.

Jacobs also got up there in age and Bradshaw couldn't stay healthy. If I remember correctly, Ward also developed butterfingers.

ur right but i believe (i may be wrong) the ol was changed after the SB win. Eli and the "crew" have been on the back sides or rushed almost every play. I may be wrong so dont blast me.

ur right but i believe (i may be wrong) the ol was changed after the SB win. Eli and the "crew" have been on the back sides or rushed almost every play. I may be wrong so dont blast me.

ehh that does sound kinda right, and it's way too late to look that up

I think personally Kamara can step in and if used right will put up big numbers in our system. His speed would do absolute wonders in this system. Reason I wanted him in the 2013 class more than any other back....

Reactions: 1 person
last I heard of this kind of system working was the Giants with Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Derrick Ward

Didn't work at AU. Jacobs was 3rd on the depth chart behind Cadillac and Ronnie Brown. Transferred to a lower tier school in SIU and became the best pro of the three.

Has anyone ever heard of rotating 3 backs regularlY?

It's usually between two.. but FSU last year gave Freeman 173 carries, Williams 91, Wilder 81.

Those 3 backs would be most useful from an "able to play at a very fast pace" standpoint, and do so without seeing a huge dropoff 1-3. The "second team" skill players in 2015 will be mighty impressive. All three backs would have great feet and work very well in a spread offense.

Last edited:
It's usually between two.. but FSU last year gave Freeman 173 carries, Williams 91, Wilder 81.

Those 3 backs would be most useful from an "able to play at a very fast pace" standpoint, and do so without seeing a huge dropoff 1-3. The "second team" skill players in 2015 will be mighty impressive. All three backs would have great feet and work very well in a spread offense.

And Williams, who was technically 3rd string, may be the best of those three.

Speaking of the Noles, anyone remember the kids name that had the horrible knee injury in consecutive years? All I remember about him was being hurt obviously and he was really really fast.

Didn't work at AU. Jacobs was 3rd on the depth chart behind Cadillac and Ronnie Brown. Transferred to a lower tier school in SIU and became the best pro of the three.

wheels took the caddy to the junk yard early.
Ronnie Browns claim to fame is the first back used in a wildcat setting.
Jacobs was a solid back for a few years.

VN Store

Back