'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

QvyJua6.gif

I have to ask - what is this from? It is equal parts scary and hilarious.

Sorry for sidetracking the thread... be a Vol, Alvin.!

Everyone should look back at Lane's recruiting bio on rivals. 4 star and if not for a HS knee injury would have been one of the higher rated 4stars.

Fact is that a most of you would be **** tickled to have Lane as a signee this year. yet since he's been on the roster for 3 years many think two true frosh Paulk and Scott are better. Crazy. Marlin was productive and is the 1st back to be in this system for 2 years. This year could really blossom for ML. Get on the Lane train.

Reactions: 5 people
Everyone should look back at Lane's recruiting bio on rivals. 4 star and if not for a HS knee injury would have been one of the higher rated 4stars.

Fact is that a most of you would be **** tickled to have Lane as a signee this year. yet since he's been on the roster for 3 years many think two true frosh Paulk and Scott are better. Crazy. Marlin was productive and is the 1st back to be in this system for 2 years. This year could really blossom for ML. Get on the Lane train.

Marlin Lane is a senior what does his recruiting bio have to do with anything? True enough minus the knee injury he was one of the best HS backs in the country but you can't just dismiss it like it didn't happen. The injury unfortunately robbed Marlin of his speed and durability. ML is solid and no doubt the starter but he's not physically able to carry the ball 15+ times a game.

More talent and better are two completely different things.

Lane, Hurd, Young

Honestly I like Devrin and all being a local kid but his contribution has been near meaningless. If he didn't see carries I really wouldn't care. I really would like to see someone else return kicks too. I really think the freshman coming in will be just as productive as him if not more once they learn the play book.

Reactions: 2 people
Brillovol dream scenario:

Lane leads in carries this yr due to being the senior leader with a greater physical maturity, Hurd provides primary backup with about 50 fewer carries, then a plethora of others provide the remaining supporting cast, with Scott in that group while Paulk redshirts/rehabs.

2015 brings in Reid and Kamara, with Kamara and Hurd giving it the ole CobbWebb death combo and Scott and/or Reid redshirt. Paulk provides primary complimentary role.

Kamara goes pro in 2016 which brings the 3 headed Hurd-Scott-Paulk monster. The cycle continues in future seasons and the rest is the reinvention of RBU.

I'd be so happy it would make me :cray:

You guys are under rating the talent Kamara has. He was competing for playing time for Bama his true freshman year before injury.

The kid is a take any year in any class.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back