'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

TP is visiting Arkansas, and that's a scary visit. He could easily flip to his home school and Bama still has 3 when they add Kamara. That's the rumors I'm hearing there

Reactions: 1 person
Kamara pays offense, I doubt it would make that much difference to him. Graham could just as likely take an OC job somewhere.

Graham does not strike me as being close to being an OC. His name is only mentioned as RBs coach positions at this point in his career. He's a few years away from coordinator worthiness at a major school. Smart, on the other hand, should have been a head coach already.

i hope he does end up at bama all these rb's going in the same class is just gonna result in transfers if they dont see it let em go better then at UGA where they arent near as stacked

So?

Saban is THE key to it all. That train loses steam without him. They do not dominate without him.

Maybe so, but if he does leave, giving the keys to Smart, and keeping the entire coaching staff, is the only option they have to keep that train from derailing.

The thing I ask myself is, who does Saban take with him??

Maybe so, but if he does leave, giving the keys to Smart, and keeping the entire coaching staff, is the only option they have to keep that train from derailing.

The thing I ask myself is, who does Saban take with him??

I just hope he leaves. No one on that staff worries me if they stay.

I hope Saban is looking at Pete Carroll and thinking he just needs another chance too.

Bama would just keep Smart, and the rest of the staff, if that happens.

Not the entire staff. You'd have to think some would follow Saban. I mean that man even took Dooley to Miami with him...

Saban is the key to that machine. Bama would not be the super team they are now.

I have to believe Saban realizes there's a world of difference between college and the NFL. I will be surprised if he takes another shot at it.

He's obviously a great college coach. But he can still make a number of personnel blunders in college and get away with it. Signing 20+ guys a year gives you that luxury. But in the pros, he can't make mistakes and he made a ton of them in Miami. We all know he passed on Drew Brees and gave up a 2nd round draft choice on Daunte Culpepper instead. While this is the best example of why he failed in Miami, it also needs to be noted not a single one of his draft choices is still with the Dolphins.

Accumulating the right personnel is the overriding factor why so many college coaches fail in the NFL. There's a world of difference between the two...as smart as Saban is, I'm sure he learned that lesson quite well.

Graham does not strike me as being close to being an OC. His name is only mentioned as RBs coach positions at this point in his career. He's a few years away from coordinator worthiness at a major school. Smart, on the other hand, should have been a head coach already.

That is what makes me think that it is almost a virtual certainty that Saban is going to the NFL. You have to know that Smart has been offered multiple jobs to be a head coach somewhere. Why would he choose to live in the shadow of Nick Saban? I believe it's because he wants to be a DC in the NFL and I believe it won't be long before he rides Saban's coattails right to that position.

Or it could be that smart is seeing the titanic failures of all the coaches jumping off the Bama gravy train. Just augments the argument that its about the Jimmy's and joes not the X's and O's . When saban can accumulate more talent than you, he'll win. It's not some magical tactic or strategy on gameday. It's the ability to obtain a majority of the elite players each February .

Or it could be that smart is seeing the titanic failures of all the coaches jumping off the Bama gravy train. Just augments the argument that its about the Jimmy's and joes not the X's and O's . When saban can accumulate more talent than you, he'll win. It's not some magical tactic or strategy on gameday. It's the ability to obtain a majority of the elite players each February .

there is some legitimate coaching in his ability to get focus from kids and he is a better DC than everyone else. Otherwise, it's about the recruiting and his ability to beat the AA in the cheating realm.

The 4 or 5 5stars we have starting(depending on which site) or the 6 3 stars, including Warmack who will be a 1st rd draft pick this spring. How many coaches turn 3 stars into 1st rd draft picks if they can not coach and develop players? Just curious.

And who are we talking about in regards to coaches from UA. Sunseri was a position coach that went to a team already having issues to fill a position he was not ready for. How is that UA or Saban's fault that UT hired him. And remember Dooley never coached at UA. And if we are talking about former coaches under Saban I guess since Jimbo who has a .750 record as HC at FSU and is playing in a BCS this year as well as Muschamp who btw is also playing a BCS this year just means under Saban you will never be successful if you go elsewhere.

Again just because other schools hire people from UA and they are not successful has nothing to do with UA or Saban.

Plenty of schools produce first rounders out of 3 star guys on a yearly basis.

I can also name you a ton of guys that were 4 star guys and a few five star guys that were busts. And some of them played under Saban.

Reactions: 3 people
Plenty of schools produce first rounders out of 3 star guys on a yearly basis.

I can also name you a ton of guys that were 4 star guys and a few five star guys that were busts. And some of them played under Saban.

Tennessee has an outside shot at producing a first rounder out of a three star with Dallas Thomas in this year's draft.

I like Kamara and wish we could land him. But I actually like what I've read about the three star backs we are after in this class. I think we will be fine from an RB perspective this class, regardless.

VN Store

Back