'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

Kamara is number 1 on my wishlist at RB, even over Green.

I would love to have both of them, and I really like Green's game, but honestly if I had to choose, I would prefer Kamara over him.

I would take Kamara and a few more backs over Green in this class. Green is a bruiser for sure but his "speed" gets overrated often on here. When I think of backs with speed I think of guys like Turner, Kamara, etc. that really separate themselves from the pack when they get daylight. You really never see Green do this on film.

That being said, I still think we need a RB like that can actually break some tackles. If its' him, great. But there are other guys that can do it too. JMO

We NEED BOTH Green AND AK!! End of story! 2 different skill sets. AK can be used all over the field in CBJ's offense, and Green gives us a power back that we desperately need, that way we don't have to use our starting MLB in the wildcat to pick-up 4th and 1 (although he is pretty good at it).

This is the correct thought process. Looks like the coaches also want a little speedster to further their play calling options. Put all 3 RB types in, then motion and flare with play action...DC matchup headache right away :)

Thanks, man.

No problem. The only impact this will have on the 2013 class is that Montravius Adams will probably visit Auburn. He said it doesn't hurt UGA's chances, but just help's Auburn. I don't understand how that makes sense, but it is what he said. Grantham has spoken to Montravius since Garner left and it's still probably a Clemson/UGA battle with Auburn in third.

No problem. The only impact this will have on the 2013 class is that Montravius Adams will probably visit Auburn. He said it doesn't hurt UGA's chances, but just help's Auburn. I don't understand how that makes sense, but it is what he said. Grantham has spoken to Montravius since Garner left and it's still probably a Clemson/UGA battle with Auburn in third.

Gotcha. Not what I was hoping for, but thanks regardless. :hi:

We NEED BOTH Green AND AK!! End of story! 2 different skill sets. AK can be used all over the field in CBJ's offense, and Green gives us a power back that we desperately need, that way we don't have to use our starting MLB in the wildcat to pick-up 4th and 1 (although he is pretty good at it).

Dang right! Sign them both up. We need to get back to the days of pounding the rock with multiple stud backs in the same backfield like J Lewis, T Henry, & T Stephens. Green & Kamara could be a Cobb/Webb type combo. Come on down DG & AK. You two & this oline won't be stopped.

From UGA 247 Rusty Mansell

In the End
This one is close, much closer than people think it is. Much like an unofficial visit to UGA last summer for Laremy Tunsil, Kamara spent his entire spring break last year in Tuscaloosa, and that could turn out to be key for Alabama.. Kamara and Alabama coach Kirby Smart are very close, and in the end that will be too much to overcome for Georgia. Look for Kamara to commit to the Crimson Tide at some point in late January.

Not sure I agree with him.

In the End
This one is close, much closer than people think it is. Much like an unofficial visit to UGA last summer for Laremy Tunsil, Kamara spent his entire spring break last year in Tuscaloosa, and that could turn out to be key for Alabama.. Kamara and Alabama coach Kirby Smart are very close, and in the end that will be too much to overcome for Georgia. Look for Kamara to commit to the Crimson Tide at some point in late January.

Alabama is running a monopoly with all these RB's they are pulling.

Three RB's get to play extensively at Bama notwithstanding any injuries. They know they will likely play for at least one NC as long as Saban is there. Bama depletes the available pool of top RBs by taking more. Not hard to figure out.

Three RB's get to play extensively at Bama notwithstanding any injuries. They know they will likely play for at least one NC as long as Saban is there. Bama depletes the available pool of top RBs by taking more. Not hard to figure out.

that makes sense, but man, if I was a recruit, I would definitely pick a place where I know that I can be the next big thing. They will probably wind up like USC, so much talent but don't know how to utilize it. Well...Saban knows.

In the End

MZTerry needs to make it clear to AK that Kirby Smart will NOT be at Bama much longer. He is bound to be a head coach in the next two years.

Alvin Kamara

Running back
5-foot-10, 192 pounds
Norcross High School, Norcross, Ga.
The Skinny: Kamara is probably too big of a reach, but the all purpose offensive player who is a running back and can play in slot as well is a real fit for Jones' offensive attack. Kamara has been thought to be a heavy lean to Georgia for a while, but he has also continued to talk to Vols assistant coach Jay Graham. At 5-10, 192 pounds Kamara would appear to be a nice fit into Jones' offense with his ability go get outside the tackles and his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. But is it a good enough fit for Jones and Graham to really get Kamara's attetntion and take a real look at the Vols.
-Volquest

MZTerry needs to make it clear to AK that Kirby Smart will NOT be at Bama much longer. He is bound to be a head coach in the next two years.

Kamara pays offense, I doubt it would make that much difference to him. Graham could just as likely take an OC job somewhere.

VN Store

Back