'15 JUCO CB Justin Martin (UT Signee 2/4/15)

He sounds completely wide open to me. If TN placed him and loses him to Ole Miss then I doubt they'll ever place another kid at NE Oklahoma. They need to find a version of what Coffeyville, KS used to be for Tennessee. You need to find a JUCO that will protect the kids you place with them. That is why I'm still baffled they placed DJ Jones in a MS JUCO. That is something you never do if you are coaching Tennessee.

Unless DJ has already pledged and our coaches want to try to break the seal by starting a new trend

He sounds completely wide open to me. If TN placed him and loses him to Ole Miss then I doubt they'll ever place another kid at NE Oklahoma. They need to find a version of what Coffeyville, KS used to be for Tennessee. You need to find a JUCO that will protect the kids you place with them. That is why I'm still baffled they placed DJ Jones in a MS JUCO. That is something you never do if you are coaching Tennessee.

As someone else (maybe you) pointed out some time back, they'll place kids in Mississippi JUCO if they actually want them to get better while they're there.

I'm sure they could probably get some boosters to turn Pellissippi State into a UT training camp, but that doesn't mean the kids would develop any while they were there.

As someone else (maybe you) pointed out some time back, they'll place kids in Mississippi JUCO if they actually want them to get better while they're there.

I'm sure they could probably get some boosters to turn Pellissippi State into a UT training camp, but that doesn't mean the kids would develop any while they were there.

IF we can actually sign some of these kids from MS Jucos, maybe sending them there makes sense. Does not do a lot of good to send a kid to a Juco so he can develop and get better then he signs with one of your rivals. Would not take too many of those before I would know not to do it.

Reactions: 1 person
IF we can actually sign some of these kids from MS Jucos, maybe sending them there makes sense. Does not do a lot of good to send a kid to a Juco so he can develop and get better then he signs with one of your rivals. Would not take too many of those before I would know not to do it.

+1

“They had already offered me out of high school, but I didn’t have the grades to make it to (Division) I right then, so I went to juco last semester. They were just clarifying that the offer is still there,”

“I mean, I’m really open,” he said. “Right now, I’m just open and looking.”

“I’ve been to Knoxville a few times. It’s fun. I’ve been there a few times. I ran track there at their track,”

“I like just the opportunity to be on the field at an SEC school. It’s a big school. It’s a big campus. I know a lot of people that are going to UT — a lot of friends (I have known) since I was little in Georgia, like Evan (Berry) and Elliott (Berry).”

Said that UT and Ole Miss are standing out right now, but he hadn't heard from Ole Miss until Monday (when they offered). He's a former teammate of Ugo Amadi, who is a current Ole Miss commit, but the article did not state if Ugo was keeping in touch with Martin.

Personally, I think UT is in good shape here.

Reactions: 1 person

Said that UT and Ole Miss are standing out right now, but he hadn't heard from Ole Miss until Monday (when they offered). He's a former teammate of Ugo Amadi, who is a current Ole Miss commit, but the article did not state if Ugo was keeping in touch with Martin.

Personally, I think UT is in good shape here.

Ole Mi$$ and Aufarm always has their hands in our cookie jat

DJ won't go to Ole Miss is why they prob were ok with that move and at end of the day it's the kids choice.

I don't think TN has to worry with Martin

Justin Martin, a Tennessean All-Midstate first-team performer last fall after rushing for 1,887 yards and 26 touchdowns while leading Overton to an undefeated regular season, just completed his first semester at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, a two-year school.

But NEO coach Ryan Held said Martin eventually will play at UT, joining eight other area players from the 2014 class.

“He’s a lock to Tennessee,” said Held, a graduate assistant during UT’s 1998 national championship season. “They put him here. Unless there’s a break between the two parties, he’s going to UT.”

- Justin Martin draws Tennessee Vols

Reactions: 9 people
...aaaand this explains exactly why he was placed there. The coach's bcs national championship ring has a power t on it. And here people were worrying about placing at jucos and getting poached by other schools. Jones didn't get his job by being naive.

Brilliant, really.

c-c-c-combo breaker!!!

Reactions: 2 people

I think that was their effort to establish a positive relationship with the miss JUCO

I hadn't even read the article yet... Goodness. I think we got one on the line, fellas. And the coach is a diehard VFL. Looks like we'll being hearing a lot more from ole Northeastern Oklahoma CC.

Quotes:

But NEO coach Ryan Held said Martin eventually will play at UT, joining eight other area players from the 2014 class.

“He’s a lock to Tennessee,” said Held, a graduate assistant during UT’s 1998 national championship season. “They put him here. Unless there’s a break between the two parties, he’s going to UT.”

Martin said he also has offers from Ole Miss, Memphis and South Florida, but Held said he is committed to Tennessee.

Martin’s goal is to be in a four-year program in time for the 2015 season.

“We plan on getting him out by next summer,” Held said. “He’ll be ready to rock and roll and wear that orange.

“We were a place they felt comfortable putting Justin where he could take care of business in the classroom. He’s a very committed guy. This is a business deal for him. He’s going to help us, and we’re going to help him and get him back to them.”

Anderson said UT’s staff had considered Martin potentially “the best athlete in the state” in a class that included Volunteer signees Jalen Hurd, Josh Malone, Derek Barnett, Jashon Robertson, RaShaan Gaulden and Vic Wharton III. (!!!!)

“He went to one of their big camps last summer, and coming out of that camp, I know they were really impressed with him,” Anderson said.

“He would have been an SEC-level recruit,” said Barton Simmons, recruiting analyst for 247sports.com. “He has size, he has nationally elite speed. Whether it would have been as a running back, as a defensive back or as a receiver, you don’t know. But if he’d had his grades in order, he would have gotten a lot of major-college interest and probably been a highly recruited kid. He’ll get an opportunity out of JUCO.”

Yeah...that's a BOOM.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying

Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuttin Ta F@#$ Wit!!
There's no place to hide
Once I step inside the room
Dr. Doom, prepare for the BOOM!!!!

6'3 4-star Juco CB originally from TN. I think I can handle that.

Makes sens to why we didnt take Shelley commit and backed off Amadi slightly once Ordway got an offer. Martin has the other CB spot locked down.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back