'15 JUCO CB Justin Martin (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Photo from his last visit. Looks good in Orange! Glad to see Butch is recruiting big cornerbacks.

Attachments

• 8863457.jpeg
    8863457.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 5 people
I doubt it. I would imagine the staff would prefer at least 1 true HS CB. Miss on Ordway, Abernathy and a few others, maybe that becomes a possibility.

Just thought it could be a possibility with Martin having 4 to play 3. We could really use their speed and size at the CB position.

Just thought it could be a possibility with Martin having 4 to play 3. We could really use their speed and size at the CB position.

I think we'd take Martin since he has 3 years to play (and theoretically a redshirt to burn). I'm not sure we'd take Brazil unless we strike out on a lot of our top targets.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd rather Ordway and Abernathy as I think CB is a spot where HS depth vs Juco would be alright. IF the staff misses on either, I'd like to see Martin or Brazil get the spot.

I'd rather Ordway and Abernathy as I think CB is a spot where HS depth vs Juco would be alright. IF the staff misses on either, I'd like to see Martin or Brazil get the spot.

I think Brazil is the best of the bunch and my #1 want, but I'd really be thrilled with any of the 4.

I think Brazil is the best of the bunch and my #1 want, but I'd really be thrilled with any of the 4.

I feel the same. Brazil will be a beast somewhere. He could play multiple positions too.

Martin has 3 to play 3. Corners with elite speed and ideal length like him would be gone in 3 anyway, so I consider him basically like a HS prospect.

Martin is the most talented DB in the 15' class regardless of classification. On the flipside, the kid has some attitude and academic issues. No one disputes his ability. He is the only guy that could cover Josh Malone 1v1. He is a beast. Hopefully he has realized the opportunity he has in front of him because he is every bit as talented and many that know of both say he is even more athletic than Jalen Ramsey.......wrap your head around that one.

Reactions: 1 person
Just to add to this, Martin was told by Tennessee's coaches that he already had an offer from the Vols before today. But they now have made it clear to him that he has an offer from Tennessee.

The Vols helped Martin get to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, so he's definitely one to keep an eye on. I saw him play at Overton last season, and he's a really good athlete.

- R. Callahan (247)

"It's paying off. I'm staying focused and hitting the books hard and it's really paying off," Martin said of his move to junior college. "I didn't know it would all happen right now. I thought it would happen after the season. But, it's an exciting experience."

"Tennessee offered me out of high school but it wasn't an official offer because of grade issues. But, they told me if I do good in junior college they want me," Martin said. "They said they had already offered me but I guess I didn't know because they've just been talking to me for a while."

"I love the stadium and the atmosphere there. I love the city, too. It's a beautiful city," Martin said. "I talked to coach this morning and he just let me know that they still want me at Tennessee and that I had an offer," Martin said.

"I wanted to take some visits but I have to report back on June 1 so I'm probably going to do all of my visits after my season," Martin said. "I may try and get up to UT this weekend or before I go back. I know some people up there so I will try and make it up there."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
friends with a guy who played with him at Overton. Says he likes Ole Miss best because he's good friends with Ugo however Vols probably have best chance to land him because we have stuck with him for so long and shown loyalty. He (Martin) respects the loyalty. TIFWIW

friends with a guy who played with him at Overton. Says he likes Ole Miss best because he's good friends with Ugo however Vols probably have best chance to land him because we have stuck with him for so long and shown loyalty. He (Martin) respects the loyalty. TIFWIW

:hi: hopes he picks the correct team. I know whats best for this guy. It's UT.

He sounds completely wide open to me. If TN placed him and loses him to Ole Miss then I doubt they'll ever place another kid at NE Oklahoma. They need to find a version of what Coffeyville, KS used to be for Tennessee. You need to find a JUCO that will protect the kids you place with them. That is why I'm still baffled they placed DJ Jones in a MS JUCO. That is something you never do if you are coaching Tennessee.

VN Store

Back