'15 IL PG Marcus Lovett

Should we risk waiting for this guy,or go after rob gray? Hearing that if pinkins is retained that we still have an outstanding shot to land rob gray!

Should we risk waiting for this guy,or go after rob gray? Hearing that if pinkins is retained that we still have an outstanding shot to land rob gray!
We want this guy. It would be ideal to try to take Lovett and also take Gray, that would give you two solid point guards. When was the last time Tennessee had that?

We want this guy. It would be ideal to try to take Lovett and also take Gray, that would give you two solid point guards. When was the last time Tennessee had that?

Who was CJ's backup? Did CJ have a backup? To land one of these guys would be great. Both....a minor miracle.

In fact, I think you have to have the results of the test as well, which can take several weeks to receive following the exam. This kid has really put himself behind the 8-ball by waiting so long to take the test.

Most athletes (and students in general) are encouranged to take the test during the 2nd semester of their junior year to allow multiple retakes if necessary to become eligible.

This has to be his guidance counselor's fault to some extent. I took the ACT first semester of my junior year.

Gray (Jr.) & Lovett (Fr.) would be perfect! We would be set at PG for a good two years. Haven't said that in a while.

Gray (Jr.) & Lovett (Fr.) would be perfect! We would be set at PG for a good two years. Haven't said that in a while.

I thought I saw that Gray would have three years of eligibility left. An article in the Sentinel tonight says Barnes hasnt contacted him yet.

This has to be his guidance counselor's fault to some extent. I took the ACT first semester of my junior year.

Got to believe there is a reason why he has not taken it yet. Like no way he can pass it. I hope I am wrong but his is very strange!!! He can play the game and I hope he becomes a Vol!!!

Got to believe there is a reason why he has not taken it yet. Like no way he can pass it. I hope I am wrong but his is very strange!!! He can play the game and I hope he becomes a Vol!!!

Too many "!!!!" Calm down lol

If not posted, he'll be taking his ACT on Saturday, April 18.
Third day of Spring signing period.
TN wasn't mentioned as a suitor.

If not posted, he'll be taking his ACT on Saturday, April 18.
Third day of Spring signing period.
TN wasn't mentioned as a suitor.

What is the minimum that you need to get to get into UT?

What is the minimum that you need to get to get into UT?
The standards have gone increasingly up in the past decade. You used to get in by having a good GPA and like a 21-23 on your ACT. Now you need at least a 25/26 AND a good GPA.

For athletes of the big sports, I think it's a bit different, knowing they have a better chance to get overlooked and accepted (football players).

The standards have gone increasingly up in the past decade. You used to get in by having a good GPA and like a 21-23 on your ACT. Now you need at least a 25/26 AND a good GPA.

For athletes of the big sports, I think it's a bit different, knowing they have a better chance to get overlooked and accepted (football players).

All athletes have to do is meet the minimum standards to get admitted. If they had to meet the same standards as regular students we would not have football or basketball teams.

Reactions: 1 person
I got in last year with a 25 and a 2.9. Really just depends what you have to offer, I had good letters of recommendation and over 50 hours of community service.

I would not exactly put this on the guidance counselor. If you have signed up in the NCAA Clearinghouse for eligibility then you read (or should have) all of the necessary guidelines. I know I did and I made Jabari read them as well. We read and reread all of the requirements to make sure he knew what to do and what questions to ask of his guidance counselor.

Now I think it is first the responsibility of the coach to ensure that his players are made aware of the process. Then the Coach and guidance counselor should work together to get the process started. The parent or guardian should be involved in the process as well. In most cases, like ours, it was the parent/guardian who initiated the process.

So many of the guys Jabari played ball with in high school fell through the cracks because they didn't have anyone to see them through the process. Many of them were just as good as Jabari or better and certainly deserved a D1 scholarship.

As far as the ACT/SAT goes, certainly this young man knew he needed to take the test. This is a college requirement even if no sport is not involved.

He has probably taken the ACT/SAT several times and didn't make the required score. It happened to Jabari. He had to take the ACT a couple of times. He had the required GPA but not have the required Test score.

Not everyone scores well on standardize test. Again Jabari is that type. However, a good tutor, discipline, and determination will see you through. A few weeks with a tutor, lots of prayer and determination got Jabari to Tennessee. This young man can make it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
So do we have a chance at landing him or no? His handles and speed are crazy good. He is who I want most out of this 2015 class.

VN Store

Back