'15 GA WR Preston Williams (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Lol, some of the UGA, Bama, LSU, etc, fans on SEC Rant are saying that there must be something "wrong" with Williams for having committed to UT so early and being a solid commit. They think that the only way he would stay committed is if the other coaches don't want him.

They also still think our 2014 class was a fluke because of all the legacies.

Damn it's going to be fun to start beating their arrogant asses again.

Good!! Let them continue to think that. When we play them, he will have even more incentive to crush them like a piece of paper.

@SleeperAthletes 14m
#Lovejoy HS (GA) & #Tennessee #Vols commit 4-star WR Preston Williams (@ThResort) wins the WR MVP of the #AdidasShowcase #RockyTop

Reactions: 10 people
@SleeperAthletes 14m
#Lovejoy HS (GA) & #Tennessee #Vols commit 4-star WR Preston Williams (@ThResort) wins the WR MVP of the #AdidasShowcase #RockyTop

Guess all the DB's ran 4.8s :lol:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
Video interview on Rivals. Preston said its great to be back on the field. He's been working hard every day. He's been in the weight room a bunch as well. Said he's a "strong commit" and 100% with UT. Said he'll be up for the Junior Day on March 8th. Said he's been talking to TJ Rahming a little bit also.

Reactions: 2 people
Love the fact that this kid took on any DB that wanted to today. That's the kind of confidence and competitiveness that makes you and everyone around you better.

The GA fans on SECRant recruiting are saying that their 247 mods are indicating that it'll be hard to keep him from 5* status as long as he keeps his nose clean.

Bet they're pissed having to make a UT commit a 5-star.

They're delusional enough to think that they can flip him...I remember when Dontavious Russell flipped to Auburn...on AJC they were more irate that they had been eliminated by Josh Malone and were complaining about the Preston Williams commitment in conspiratorial terms:crazy:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
The GA fans on SECRant recruiting are saying that their 247 mods are indicating that it'll be hard to keep him from 5* status as long as he keeps his nose clean.

Not sure if it's allowed, but can you link that thread? I'm having trouble finding it.

Here's a quote posted a few days ago from a UGA fan on Williams.

No doubt he's a talent. I'm not sure about the most talented overall in Georgia, but he's the most talented receiver.

This would concern me as a UT fan:

JCS of 247 posted on our board that if he stays out of trouble he will be hard to keep from 5* status.

and then here are some butthurt UGA fans.

(9) WR Preston Williams -- UT commit...something is off about this kid, doubt he stays this highly ranked

Williams is a great talent, but OP is right, something is definitely off about his recruitment. Not that he is committed to UT, but it's weird that other schools haven't made more of an effort to get in on him.

I've literally never heard of us or anybody besides UT recruiting the kid heavily and I've read on various message boards there are character concerns. Reminds me of like a Jarboe or Ambles from previous years. Huge talent, complete idiot, and won't mind missing on him. Granted, that accepts everything I have read to this point as true, which is probably foolish.

The butthurt is so strong with UGA fans. No. 1 5* WR on Scout, No. 2 4* WR on 247 (criminally underrated IMO), and a top 4* WR on Rivals, yet there's something wrong with him because he doesn't like Georgia or Alabama.

Here's a quote posted a few days ago from a UGA fan on Williams.

and then here are some butthurt UGA fans.
No doubt that they're rationalizing losing the best WR in the state, but it's not like we don't do the same here.

As soon as Adoree cut us, the "I think he's a 'me' guy" posts started popping up.

I'm also seeing talk of "but he doesn't have any other big offers"...yeah, I guess Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Georgia, Miami, Ohio State, OK State, South Carolina, and TA&M, just to name a few, aren't big offers.

Bunch of goobers over there.

No doubt that they're rationalizing losing the best WR in the state, but it's not like we don't do the same here.

As soon as Adoree cut us, the "I think he's a 'me' guy" posts started popping up.

That's exactly what it is. If Williams were to flip to Georgia they would switch gears in a hurry. It hurts the pride of the college football fan to lose a guy in your backyard. There is a need to be dismissive of the loss and belittle the player...and yes, all SEC fan bases are guilty of doing it. Recruiting brings out the inner child in some us... On Vandymania last August they were giddy over Jalen Hurd's injury against Station Camp in the season opener and they are supposed to be the well educated "mature" ones who care more about academics than athletics.

This kid says he's 100% Tennessee... listening to his interview it seems he's willing to listen to other schools. Says he's going to visit Georgia and Florida soon.

CBJ & staff will have to fight to keep him and while they're at it, get his girlfriend admitted to Tennessee and part of the Lady Vol track program!

Williams interview

Video interview on AJC. Says he will visit Florida and Georgia later this month. Asked what could change his commitment with the Vols. Said his girlfriend runs track and they want to go to college together.

"Hey baby, I want to go to school with you and all, but I'm going to go ahead and commit to Tennessee."

If things made sense in recruiting...

VN Store

Back