'15 GA WR Preston Williams (UT Signee 2/4/15)

He will score similarly on the re-take and be fine. He will miss practice time and likely not be able to contribute for several games, but he probably wouldn't have anyway due to the recovery process on his knee.

even if this did turn out to be a problem, it may not be the worst thing in the world to just work on getting in for next year. I know it appears to be going well, but the fact is he is still recovering from knee surgery

I'm sure Butch has his best teachers/tutors working with Preston over the next two weeks to be prepared to get an even better ACT score than last time.

Let's assume the worst and say this doesn't get resolved and Pearson doesn't return.

North
Smith
Pig
Malone
Johnson
Croom
(Foreman?)

I think this magnifies the Pearson situation. If he's innocent, that needs to be put to bed.

Last edited:
I'm sure Butch has his best teachers/tutors working with Preston over the next two weeks to be prepared to get an even better ACT score than last time.

Hope he doesn't score too high! He would have to re-take the re-take test!LOL This is hilarious what do they want him to do miss questions on purpose?

It sucks that he's gonna miss some time, but I'm not worried that he'll do well enough this time around. He's not an ignorant dude and it's not THAT hard to get a good enough score for an athlete to get into UT

It sucks that he's gonna miss some time, but I'm not worried that he'll do well enough this time around. He's not an ignorant dude and it's not THAT hard to get a good enough score for an athlete to get into UT

Go back and read requirements for passing a "retake". It's not about a good enough score to get in this time around.

Go back and read requirements for passing a "retake". It's not about a good enough score to get in this time around.

As if he won't be receiving the best two weeks of test prep UT has to offer over the next two weeks. He should be fine.

As if he won't be receiving the best two weeks of test prep UT has to offer over the next two weeks. He should be fine.

I was not implying that he would do poorly, or there was cause for major concern. I was simply passing along info that it's not about scoring a high enough score to get in this time around.

Per Hubbs

The test has been flagged. Apparently this didn't happen yesterday. So Williams has been preparing to retake the test. He's not being sent home. But he won't practice until the eligibility concern is cleared up.

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 1h1 hour ago
The NCAA Clearinghouse red-flagged Williams' ACT score after a significant jump. His date to retake is expected to be set within 2 weeks.

So does this imply that he has aready taken it twice and improved his score by a suspiciously high amount?

Hopefully the test is scheduled very soon and he performs well. I'm curious if he gets help from Joe Scogin's dept to prepare?

They think he cheated. If he scores too low, he's gone.

That's a tremendous amount of pressure on an 18 year old. Will take a lot of mental fortitude to block out your college career hinging on a single test. Good luck, PWilly!

VN Store

Back