* P Jurick
* R Woolridge
* K Hall
* T Golden
* T Harris
* J McRae
* JP Prince
* J Maymon

I will take those cubicle rated guys all day long over the lower rated ones.

Who said we didn't need good basketball players? You guys are saying top 20 classes automatically mean wins and they don't. You are also saying teams that don't have top 20 classes can't compete, and that's incorrect as well.
The rest is fluff and I still don't think you get the simple point made above.

You forgot to include Bradshaw, Lofton, and J Smith to the first previous group and I'd end up taking about the same number of players from each group listed, just for conversation sake.

Last edited:
You really need to chill with the racial accusations. People like you throw that out there when they have nothing to back up what they say.

Martin did win. It wasn't good enough to most fans. To win at a higher level you need better players. You recruit better classes 9 times out of 10 you have better players.

You said not making a tourney is a bad year no matter what the circumstances or expectations. I hope you stick to it with the new coach. You claim we should never lose to teams considered less talented no matter what. I hope you stick to that also. You complained about no White players. CDT hasn't signed any either. Lets see if you complain when we are still all Black in a couple years.

Even though the new coach is White I will treat him the same as Martin. We will see if you do. I know Martin overachieved his first year. You refuse to acknowledge that he did. If CDT can match that I will consider it overachieving also. If he doesn't match it will you bash him like you did Martin or give him a pass? When CDT loses to a worse team like he did several times last year will you bash him like you did Martin or give him a pass? I know sometimes teams lose to "worse" teams. Its college basketball. That is what happens sometime. Will you be understanding or bash him like you did Martin?

Lets see who treats the coaches differently this year before you start throwing out accusations.

Look King, if you can't admit you wanted Martin to be successful to be a little more proud in the same way you want Dobbs to be a qb, there is no sense in debating anything. If you can't be honest with yourself (and by the way I have no problem with it as I have had this conversation with many people), then what's the point.
I gave Martin 2.5 years. I don't assume you were here then. I''ll give cdt that, if not less.
And if he has to leave, I won't blame it on racism and I won't say that he won but it wasn't enough.
I'm glad you support the coach no matter what color. Congrats. But your posts, human nature and common sense show you to look at some things in a skewed way. I'm not calling you a racist for it because you aren't antiwhite. Nothing wrong with some pride, except for when you deny its there.

Who said we didn't need good basketball players? You guys are saying top 20 classes automatically mean wins and they don't. You are also saying teams that don't have top 20 classes can't compete, and that's incorrect as well.
The rest is fluff and I still don't think you get the simple point made above.

You forgot to include Bradshaw, Lofton, and J Smith to the first previous group and I'd end up taking about the same number of players from each group listed, just for conversation sake.

I just used players that both pearl and CCM brought in......the three u mentioned was Buzz players and I would have to list all of them. Not a single person has said that a top 20 class guarantees wins and u definitely can hit on a C-Lo, JRich, or Jajuan and have a good short term run but if u want to have a consistent top 25 program then u better have a consistent top 25 recruiting...yes there are very few rare exceptions but they are very rare.

Reactions: 1 person
Look King, if you can't admit you wanted Martin to be successful to be a little more proud in the same way you want Dobbs to be a qb, there is no sense in debating anything. If you can't be honest with yourself (and by the way I have no problem with it as I have had this conversation with many people), then what's the point.
I gave Martin 2.5 years. I don't assume you were here then. I''ll give cdt that, if not less.
And if he has to leave, I won't blame it on racism and I won't say that he won but it wasn't enough.
I'm glad you support the coach no matter what color. Congrats. But your posts, human nature and common sense show you to look at some things in a skewed way. I'm not calling you a racist for it because you aren't antiwhite. Nothing wrong with some pride, except for when you deny its there.

You asked why I supported Dobbs. I answered with stats. They had nothing to do with race. I was here when Pearl was coach and supported him more than I did Martin. I stopped posting in the bball forum for a few years because a lot of people who don't really know basketball posted bs and it was getting on my nerves.Some people just hated Bruce and it was pitiful. My support of Martin had nothing to do with race. I like when any coach we employ does well regardless of race. The only coach I was down on was Dooley and I thought he was a loser from the jump. I was right. I thought we would make the tourney last year. I was right. I thought RF would never start a game here. I was right. None of these had anything to do with race.

I thought Martin did well his tenure with the roster he inherited and the injuries they suffered. If CDT does about the same I will think he did well also. My top realistic candidate was Micheal White. I liked the uptempo O he uses.

They hired CDT so I will support him just like Martin. Martin's first year we were picked last or next to last in various rankings of the SEC but finished 2nd. If CDT finishes way higher than projected it is a good year to me. We weren't ranked last year and won 20 regular season games and made a Sweet 16. If CDT has a year unranked but wins 20 and makes a Sweet 16 I won't care if he loses to Texas A&m twice because the full year is what matters. Not individual games. I have the same outlook no matter who the coach is. If you win more than projected it is a good year.

People also complained about Martin being boring on O. I didn't care because we won games. CDT plays at the same pace and his teams score about the same. I still won't care if we average 72 if we win more than expected. People including you are acting like CDT will have an exciting o just because of more screens and set plays. Passing the ball till the shot clock hits ten is not exciting though. Points and running are exciting. CDT doesn't do that. I really don't care about excitement or salesmanship as long as we win.

I do think to compete for championships you need top classes. Pearl brought in highly ranked classes and competed. I liked his classes. I said Martin's classes were mediocre and average repeatedly.

I will treat them exactly the same. I doubt others will. Some are making excuses for CDT already that they would not concede to Martin. Maybe they are injecting race into how they see things but I am not. I just want to win. No matter the score or how many jokes the coach cracks I want to win above all else.

You asked why I supported Dobbs. I answered with stats. They had nothing to do with race. I was here when Pearl was coach and supported him more than I did Martin. I stopped posting in the bball forum for a few years because a lot of people who don't really know basketball posted bs and it was getting on my nerves.Some people just hated Bruce and it was pitiful. My support of Martin had nothing to do with race. I like when any coach we employ does well regardless of race. The only coach I was down on was Dooley and I thought he was a loser from the jump. I was right. I thought we would make the tourney last year. I was right. I thought RF would never start a game here. I was right. None of these had anything to do with race.

I thought Martin did well his tenure with the roster he inherited and the injuries they suffered. If CDT does about the same I will think he did well also. My top realistic candidate was Micheal White. I liked the uptempo O he uses.

They hired CDT so I will support him just like Martin. Martin's first year we were picked last or next to last in various rankings of the SEC but finished 2nd. If CDT finishes way higher than projected it is a good year to me. We weren't ranked last year and won 20 regular season games and made a Sweet 16. If CDT has a year unranked but wins 20 and makes a Sweet 16 I won't care if he loses to Texas A&m twice because the full year is what matters. Not individual games. I have the same outlook no matter who the coach is. If you win more than projected it is a good year.

People also complained about Martin being boring on O. I didn't care because we won games. CDT plays at the same pace and his teams score about the same. I still won't care if we average 72 if we win more than expected. People including you are acting like CDT will have an exciting o just because of more screens and set plays. Passing the ball till the shot clock hits ten is not exciting though. Points and running are exciting. CDT doesn't do that. I really don't care about excitement or salesmanship as long as we win.

I do think to compete for championships you need top classes. Pearl brought in highly ranked classes and competed. I liked his classes. I said Martin's classes were mediocre and average repeatedly.

I will treat them exactly the same. I doubt others will. Some are making excuses for CDT already that they would not concede to Martin. Maybe they are injecting race into how they see things but I am not. I just want to win. No matter the score or how many jokes the coach cracks I want to win above all else.

I think people just judge people's feelings toward Zo based on the last yr and a half. The overwhelming majority was behind him till the middle of yr two and even then the majority was still in favor of him. The slow start to yr three when most felt we were loaded was when most started to not like him. I didn't like him for two reasons:

1. I am not a big fan of the gene keady coaching tree
2. I thought his recruiting was mediocre at best

No matter any of our opinions of the coach we have, the coach has the opportunity to prove us wrong on the court.

Reactions: 1 person
I think people just judge people's feelings toward Zo based on the last yr and a half. The overwhelming majority was behind him till the middle of yr two and even then the majority was still in favor of him. The slow start to yr three when most felt we were loaded was when most started to not like him. I didn't like him for two reasons:

1. I am not a big fan of the gene keady coaching tree
2. I thought his recruiting was mediocre at best

No matter any of our opinions of the coach we have, the coach has the opportunity to prove us wrong on the court.

I agree with both of your points really. I consistently said recruiting was mediocre. I didn't like the style of play but I was willing to overlook it as long as we won.

VN Store

Back