'15 GA OLB Quarte Sapp (UT Signee 2/4/15)

The 6-foot-2, 203-pound Sapp said he has “no leader right now” among the 13 schools pursuing him, but Tennessee and Florida State are “up there” in his mind. But other than them two, not really (any team is standing out)
He said he intends to accompany Tennessee running back signee Treyvon Paulk, one of his Milton teammates, to the Vols’ spring game next month. Sapp said he wants to visit them again because of “just the feedback my mom gave back” after their first trip to Knoxville earlier this month.
They were impressed by Tennessee for several reasons.
“The facilities, of course, were really nice,” Sapp said. “I like their coaching staff, really. I like (linebackers) coach (Tommy) Thigpen a lot. He’s hilarious, and he’s a nice person and a nice linebackers coach.
“I talked to (head coach) Butch (Jones) for about 45 minutes, and he was really straightforward about my mom’s questions, and she had a lot of questions. She asked tough questions, and I looked at him and he just grinned. He answered them, and he was being 100-percent honest and he just eased his way on."

Says he wants to commit before his senior season

Reactions: 6 people
" quarte sapp visited tennessee for the first time earlier this month to attend one of the vols’ junior days, and he came away even more interested in them than he was before."

"the four-star junior linebacker from milton (ga.) high school said he’s scheduled to make another trip to tennessee on april 12 for its spring-ending orange and white game, and he admitted the vols are one of a couple of teams currently standing out to him."

"the 6-foot-2, 203-pound sapp said he has “no leader right now” among the 13 schools pursuing him, but tennessee and florida state are “up there” in his mind."

"he said he intends to accompany tennessee running back signee treyvon paulk, one of his milton teammates, to the vols’ spring game next month. Sapp said he wants to visit them again because of “just the feedback my mom gave back” after their first trip to knoxville earlier this month.
They were impressed by tennessee for several reasons.
“the facilities, of course, were really nice,” sapp said. “i like their coaching staff, really. I like (linebackers) coach (tommy) thigpen a lot. He’s hilarious, and he’s a nice person and a nice linebackers coach."

"i talked to (head coach) butch (jones) for about 45 minutes, and he was really straightforward about my mom’s questions, and she had a lot of questions. She asked tough questions, and i looked at him and he just grinned. He answered them, and he was being 100-percent honest and he just eased his way on."

"“i was planning on committing on march 6, but that’s passed. That was my birthday,” he said. “i didn’t pick up the offers i wanted (before then), and i didn’t take any of the visits i had planned to. But hopefully i’ll probably plan on committing before my senior season. That’s where i’m heading to right now."

Reactions: 2 people
"“i was planning on committing on march 6, but that’s passed. That was my birthday,” he said. “i didn’t pick up the offers i wanted (before then)

Anyone know what offers he was hoping to pick up before his birthday?

"“i was planning on committing on march 6, but that’s passed. That was my birthday,” he said. “i didn’t pick up the offers i wanted (before then)

anyone know what offers he was hoping to pick up before his birthday?
uga

LSU, Florida and auburn

Not a VFL, don't want. If he doesn't want to come here, let it be.

Not a VFL, don't want. If he doesn't want to come here, let it be.

Yeah, looks like we did all we could do here. Maybe we should just close the thread and lock it since he's bound to go else where....

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

I just really don't want players here that won't give their all for Tennessee. He said himself that he he didn't get the offer he wanted and we had already offered=doesn't wanna be a Vol.

I just really don't want players here that won't give their all for Tennessee. He said himself that he he didn't get the offer he wanted and we had already offered=doesn't wanna be a Vol.

I don't think that's what he's saying in this case. Many times these kids want offers from Bama, LSU, FSU, etc because those are the top schools these days and by getting those offers they feel recognized for their hard work. These kids know that after they commit many times offers slow down. That's what it sounded like in Sapp's case, he wants to get some bigtime offers before he shuts it down and commits. JMO

I'd rather him put it off and hopefully decide to become a Vol later than commit and jump ship when a different offer comes in. Sounds like a responsible approach to me.

I don't think that's what he's saying in this case. Many times these kids want offers from Bama, LSU, FSU, etc because those are the top schools these days and by getting those offers they feel recognized for their hard work. These kids know that after they commit many times offers slow down. That's what it sounded like in Sapp's case, he wants to get some bigtime offers before he shuts it down and commits. JMO

I can see your case. But you certainly would agree that you only want players here that want to be here and really buy-in to the program. Right? That's all I'm saying. If they don't want to be here, I don't want them here to distract from the ones that really want to be here.

I can see your case. But you certainly would agree that you only want players here that want to be here and really buy-in to the program. Right? That's all I'm saying. If they don't want to be here, I don't want them here to distract from the ones that really want to be here.

Of course. But I don't think that's what Sapp was saying.

In addition to the solid points Ron already made, the thing I can't understand is why so many posters seem to think that a kid having doubts or wavering during the recruiting process means that the kid doesn't "want to be here" or doesn't "really buy-in to the program."

They have elite recruiters from various schools (coaches who have spent their careers learning how to recruit i.e. convince these kids to do what they want them to do) pulling them in different directions and telling them all sorts of different things.

On top of that, we are talking about 17-18 year-old kids making what for most of them is the biggest decision of their lives to date. It's a very tough decision for many of these kids with lots of variables to account for. Maybe some posters should consider the possibility that when a recruit is confused or wavering or taking his time to go through the process, it might be an indication that the kid understands the gravity of the decision he is making and cares about getting it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

We've had great players here who wanted an offer to their dream school but it didn't happen. Steve Kiner wanted to go to Florida, Jack Reynolds wanted to go to Ohio State, Marion Hobby wanted to go to Bama, etc.

Ok I see all of your points and you're all correct. I guess maybe I am still a little hung over from the Dooley era level of effort. At this point, we need players to come in and change the attitude and Butch is doing a great job of that. I want people that care about having Pride in representing the University of Tennessee. That's really my point. I don't mind if they go through the recruiting process however is best for them, as long as they are all-in when they get here. Go Big Orange!

RCS ATLANTA: Top Performers - Defense

5. LB QUARTE SAPP, ALPHARETTA (GA.) MILTON
Sapp has good size for a linebacker and runs very well. He uses his long arms to disrupt the vision of his opponent when the ball is in the air. Sapp rarely overcommits to one side and is equally effective closing moving forward or trailing the running back downfield. He's also very aggressive when the ball is in the air.

-Mike Farrell

I didn't realize until today that I know someone who has a slight connection to Sapp. Was told that he grew up liking Florida, but I don't see an offer from them. Mom likes FSU. Sapp likes the UT staff and thinks they are doing good things. Was also told that closer to home could be good. Might be a tough pull.

I didn't realize until today that I know someone who has a slight connection to Sapp. Was told that he grew up liking Florida, but I don't see an offer from them. Mom likes FSU. Sapp likes the UT staff and thinks they are doing good things. Was also told that closer to home could be good. Might be a tough pull.

#Close2Sapp

quarte sapp
linebacker
milton (ga.) high school
crystal ball picks: North carolina 40%, tennessee 40%, georgia 20%

the four-star linebacker, who’s a teammate of tennessee running back signee treyvon paulk, came away impressed after his first visit with the vols on march 1 for one of their junior days. The two most recent crystal ball predictions for sapp have been for tennessee, and he recently said that he plans to visit the vols again next weekend for their spring game.
-247sports.

VN Store

Back