'15 GA OLB Quarte Sapp (UT Signee 2/4/15)

I wouldn't count out Josh Smith, especially if/when Franklin leaves. There is literally no recruiting appeal at Vandy outside of Franklin.

Franklin leaves Vandy early next week and Tennessee absolutely cleans up in-state next year.

Richmond
McGraw
Smith
Phillips
Jones
Stewart
Amadi
Jennings

Pass on Mitchell, McMillon, Jefferson, Ordway and Jackson.

Woods

Why pass on Ordway?

If Emmanuel deserves to get a scholly, Ordway should get a really really hard look.

Fort is really high on him.

Is this guy a for sure take?

I'm guessing we take 3-4 LBs in the '15 cycle.

Cherry is already in the fold. Then we have guys like DeBerry, Josh McMillon, Roquan Smith, Jahvoni Simmons, Josh Smith, and possibly Brant Mitchell.

It's hard to know this early in the process but if I was guessing I'd say yes. Looks like the kind of OLB Chavis would go after when he was at UT.

Last edited:
Who exactly is Franklin going to leave for?

Prob a spot that hasn't been poached yet. Dominoes will fall and a spot will open up for Frankie. I can't see PSU pulling that with a rape investigation ongoing. I'd be very shocked. Like laying 5 to 1 shocked

A quart of sap...won't hear that again.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Quarte Sapp received a scholarship offer from Tennessee more than seven months ago, and the Vols have continued recruiting him harder than any of the other teams currently pursuing him.

Four-star junior linebacker Quarte Sapp of Milton (Ga.) High School, who already claims 13 scholarship offers, says he's planning to visit Tennessee for the first time Saturday.
This weekend, he’ll finally get a chance to see what they have to offer.
The four-star junior linebacker from Milton (Ga.) High School, who already claims more than a dozen offers, said he’s planning to visit Tennessee for the first time Saturday to attend the Vols’ junior day, and he’s eager to get a firsthand look at their program.
“I’m looking forward to seeing what stands out about the school because, obviously, they had a lot of 2014 commits, and they signed a lot of guys. I just want to see what their campus has to offer,” said Sapp, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 18 outside linebacker in the 2015 class by 247Sports.
“Tennessee’s going to be the first school I’ve actually been out to that has offered me that I’m considering, so I don’t really have anybody high (on my list) yet.”
The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Sapp — who’s a teammate of Tennessee running back signee Treyvon Paulk — admitted he’s “most definitely” interested in the Vols, though, and he likes what he has heard so far from running backs coach Robert Gillespie.
“It’s close to home, and they’re rebuilding, so that gives me an opportunity to maybe start of play early — earlier than I would at another school. That puts me in better position,” Sapp said.
“Coach Gillespie stays on me. He stays in contact with me the most out of all the coaches. He’s just been telling me about the junior day, and he’s telling me that it’s a great place and I should come up with (Paulk).
“He’s introduced me to some of the coaching staff, and he’s been telling me a couple details about the school.”
Sapp — who also holds offers from Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Michigan State and Nebraska, among others — said he also has heard plenty about Tennessee from Paulk.
“He always talks to me about it,” Sapp said. “Coach Gillespie’s his recruiter, too, and I like Coach Gillespie. He’s a straightforward guy. He’s really cool and laid-back. (Paulk) tells me that should show a lot (about) what kind of coaches they have — not just saying that all the coaches are going to be like Coach Gillespie, but he said I really just need to go up there so I can see it for myself.
“For him, it’s really hard to explain how it is. He said I have to see it for myself, so that’s why I’m going up there this Saturday.”
He said he had hoped to decide on a college soon, but with offers still rolling in from other schools, he now doesn’t expect to make a decision until sometime during the spring or summer.
“My plan was, at first, to commit on my birthday, which is March 6,” Sapp said. “It came here faster than I thought, and I wasn’t able to attend the junior days I wanted to or had planned to. ... And I didn’t pick up the offers that I had expected to get, so I’m pushing that back.
“I don’t have a set date. I’m going to push it back until spring practice and see what schools offer me. Most likely, it will probably be before my senior season.”

Reactions: 3 people
247 Sports
Another Georgia prospect, four-star linebacker Quarte Sapp, visited Tennessee for the first time Saturday and said he was very impressed by his first look at the Vols. He has yet to name any early favorites, but it probably wouldn’t be a stretch to suggest that UT is one of the teams at the top of his list. He has said on multiple occasions that the Vols are recruiting him harder than any other team.

247 Sports
“It went great, actually,” said Sapp “The coaching staff, I liked them a lot. It was my first time being up there, and it was my mom’s first time actually being on a junior day, and she liked it a lot. I liked the coaches — just, like, their personalities. It just seemed like they were one big family and they were really comfortable with one another. I just liked the attitude they gave off.”

“To be honest with you, (Saturday) did make me like them more,” Sapp said. “And to be able to have my mom come with me and see how she felt about it made me feel a little bit more comfortable with it, because that was my mom’s first visit. She didn’t have anything to compare it to, but just to see how she was communicating with the coaches and comfortable around them made me happy.” Sapp said Tennessee coach Butch Jones talked with him and his mother “for at least 30 or 40 minutes, and I was just surprised how straightforward he was” in responding to a few tough questions from his mother.

“The indoor facility they’ve got is really nice, and then Coach Gillespie was telling me they’re still adding stuff,” Sapp said. “They showed me some of the things they’re adding. And then they’re changing to Nike, so they’re going to be changing a lot of other stuff, too, on top of that. But what I saw from the indoor facility and weight room and everything, it was pretty nice.” “I don’t have any plans,” Sapp said. “That was my last (visit) that was planned ahead of time on my calendar, so I don’t have any right now. I don’t have anything written in stone. (I will decide on a college) probably before my senior season, most likely.”

Said he is also interested in returning for the O&W game.

247 Sports

Said he is also interested in returning for the O&W game.

20.gif

Reactions: 5 people
He won LB MVP at the Atlanta NFTC the other day. Really hope we land this guy.

Anyone with a 247 sub want to hook up those quotes?

VN Store

Back