'15 GA OL Michael Horton

"The Vols continue to recruit Micahel Horton just in case they can't secure a tackle or another of Tennessee's linemen commitments decide to look elsewhere."

- VQ

"Horton's interest is legit. He was on campus for the Kentucky game."

- Fortenberry

Solid offer list. If he's really a tackle I say sign him up.

At this point it really doesn't matter the position. We need some bigger guys with some length to compete at tackle, but IMO there isn't a position on our o-line that can't be upgraded outside Jackson at LG. I'd take any quality OL I could get at this point.

Atlanta (Ga.) Lakeside offensive lineman Mike Horton is currently committed to Florida. However, it appears an SEC foe is lurking with the 6-foot-4, 310-pound prospect.

"Tennessee has visited me this month already and is coming back this week," Horton said. "Florida had yet to come but should be coming this week. Apparently [Tennessee offensive line] coach [Don] Mahoney will stop by Wednesday."

New Florida head coach Jim McElwain along with D.J. Durkin are slated to see Horton on Wednesday as well. Horton has already had a phone conversation with McElwain, who is in his first week on the job.

"Coach Mac is a chill guy," Horton stated. "He just talked about getting the program turned around."

Atlanta (Ga.) Lakeside offensive lineman Mike Horton is currently committed to Florida. However, it appears an SEC foe is lurking with the 6-foot-4, 310-pound prospect.

"Tennessee has visited me this month already and is coming back this week," Horton said. "Florida had yet to come but should be coming this week. Apparently [Tennessee offensive line] coach [Don] Mahoney will stop by Wednesday."

New Florida head coach Jim McElwain along with D.J. Durkin are slated to see Horton on Wednesday as well. Horton has already had a phone conversation with McElwain, who is in his first week on the job.

"Coach Mac is a chill guy," Horton stated. "He just talked about getting the program turned around."

So nice to see Florida having to "turn the program around". Hope it takes a long, long time.

Reactions: 3 people
Possible weekend official visitor

Blake Alderman from our UF site talked to Michael Horton today and Horton told him he will likely officially visit Tennessee this weekend and Auburn Jan. 30.

He visited Florida last weekend. We will see if that visit pans out or not.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 3 people
Three-star offensive lineman Mike Horton, a Florida commitment from Atlanta's Lakeside High School, is expected to take an official visit to Tennessee this weekend, a source close to his recruitment told GoVols247 on Thursday night.

The 6-foot-4, 310-pound Horton has been committed to the Gators for almost six months, but he attended Tennessee's home game against Kentucky on Nov. 15 and has stayed in contact with the Vols since then. He took his official visit to Florida last weekend, and he has discussed visiting Auburn next weekend.

Horton, who's projected to play guard in college, is ranked the nation's No. 737 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite for the 2015 class.

Callahan

Reactions: 1 person
Per Hubbs

Michael Horton is expected in for an official visit this weekend. Horton has been committed to Florida for some time but with all the coaching turnover there he's still looking at all of his options and they include Tennessee and Auburn.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back