'15 GA OL Michael Horton

You asked if he has the same potential. Ever since we hired Butch, people have been comparing our recruits to Eric Fisher. My point is that it's the wrong question to ask. No, he doesn't have Eric Fisher potential. No 230 llb high school player can be said to have that type of potential at OT in my opinion. Eric Fisher was less than a one million story. I seriously doubt we will ever see another story quite like his.

With hard work and 70 pounds of solid weight gain, Dylan can be special as an OT. Reminds me of Daniel Hood as a prospect. I wish we kept Hood at tackle so bad.

I do. I think he'll be an OT here.

I think he ends up at OT as well. They did the same thing with Eric Lefeld at Cincy. He was a high school DE/TE much in the same mold as guys like Fisher and Jackson were coming out of high school. Big, long, with huge frames. He's another who is likely going to be a fairly high pick in the '15 draft.

He is only a 3 star. According to Nationdumb, he shouldn't be a take. Not unTil he achieves 4 star status anYways. That will make him a better player and impact player immediately. Until then, He no good!

He is only a 3 star. According to Nationdumb, he shouldn't be a take. Not unTil he achieves 4 star status anYways. That will make him a better player and impact player immediately. Until then, He no good!

With Nationdumb being a 1* poster, it's to be expected. TIFWIW.

Reactions: 3 people
One Dawg fan posted this:

SlawDawg:

My inside source says he is a heavy Tennessee lean and will be wearing orange. Richt whiffs on yet another instate player.

Anything to see here?

Butch-Jones.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Mike Horton could come to the Tennessee Football Program at just the right time for him and for Tennessee. The program is on the rise and we need quality OL players like him. This could be a big decision for Mike and Tennessee! Early playing time and a great opportunity to be a major part of a championship on your way to the NFL! Sounds like a marriage that Big Mike can't pass on. Come to Big Orange Country Big Fella!!! Everything will be Championship History after that!
GO BIG ORANGE!!!:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Would we take this guy right now? Honest question.

I don't know...we need linemen on both sides of the ball, but what if a top 20 athlete type becomes available in?...I don't know...the same month as Halloween? :unsure:

I don't know...we need linemen on both sides of the ball, but what if a top 20 athlete type becomes available in?...I don't know...the same month as Halloween? :unsure:

Is Jack Jones a tackle or guard? If we are thinking of Chance Hall as an OT, and Richmond still on the board as an OT where does that leave Horton? What about Dylan Jackson and talks he would move to OT?

Would we take this guy right now? Honest question.

I would say yes! But, I'm not in the war room and I don't know about all of the plans and possibilities of all of the other prospects. It would be hard to pass on a player with his size in a position of need for Tennessee.

I think his spot was taken when chance hall committed, but we'll see.

I still expect j woods, and a couple more maybe to not be a part of this class.

Is Jack Jones a tackle or guard? If we are thinking of Chance Hall as an OT, and Richmond still on the board as an OT where does that leave Horton? What about Dylan Jackson and talks he would move to OT?

Ideally JJ would be a guard,but as a smasher he could handle RT...IMO Horton is a guard perfectly timed to groom as Weisman's successor...Jackson will be given a chance to play DE but like a lot of posters, I see OT in his future...I remember Hubbs disagrees and thinks he's perfect for defense per coaching staff.

VN Store

Back