'15 FL QB Dwayne Lawson

Ryan Callahan ‏@RyanCallahan247 2m
Four-star Fla. QB Dwayne Lawson (@dlaw95) high on #Tennessee #Vols (VIP) Four on top for four-star Fla. quarterback Dwayne Lawson via @RyanBartow

“They’ve done just a great job,” Lawson said of the Gators and Vols. “They’ve been recruiting me, showing me love. You can’t beat it.”

“They’re interested,” he said. “They’ve been coming down here a lot. They’ve been doing a real good job of recruiting me. (I like) their program and their tradition. The Vol Nation, that’s something special right there.”

“I had two cousins play for the Gators — Reche (Caldwell) and Andre Caldwell — and they’ve got Jordan Sherit up there, and Vernon Hargreaves, from here in Tampa,”

“(Roper’s) offense, it’s a no-huddle, spread system,” Lawson said. “It’s not really complex, but it fits me perfect. They can run the ball with the quarterback a little bit, and they throw it a lot, so it fits me perfect.”

As you can see, he likes UF and UT so far. tOSU recently offered, and he also stated in the article that he wants to visit there soon. He likes their history of having QBs that are a similar playing style to his.

He plans to make his decision in the summer or early his senior year.

Reactions: 1 person
Florida already has a Parade AA coming. Don't know how many others they will get. Don't they already have some bench warmers? Lawson will ride the pine 2-3 years with Fla.

IF we take 2 QB's, I'd like this dude along with Gentry.

Staff may want to be careful being greedy when it comes to QB recruiting. With the guys already on campus, IMO Gentry holds all the cards. What if he wants to be the only QB taken? A lot of QBs are making that clear now a days very early in their recruitment. Much the same way I felt Gentry was shaping up to be a Vol when okie state took another QB, if the coaches plan to try and take 2, maybe Gentry is not such a sure thing.

Staff may want to be careful being greedy when it comes to QB recruiting. With the guys already on campus, IMO Gentry holds all the cards. What if he wants to be the only QB taken? A lot of QBs are making that clear now a days very early in their recruitment. Much the same way I felt Gentry was shaping up to be a Vol when okie state took another QB, if the coaches plan to try and take 2, maybe Gentry is not such a sure thing.

I personally hope Gentry is the guy and we focus our attention elsewhere to fill out the class. I'm not sure what the coach's thoughts are as far as wanting 1 or 2 guys.

Gibson the WR?

Yep. UF has Harris and Grier so taking a raw kid like TG wouldn't hurt. Hell Driskel may return for his 5th yr if he has a solid but most think he'll finish season then join Redsox. Wouldn't be shocked to see a juco kid in class to add depth.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back