'15 Fl QB Deondre Francois

Good for the kid. It's a high honor.

However, we have 2 Elite 11 QBs on our roster..... 1 is literally hated by a majority of posters in the football forum based on his work last year as a true freshman and the other seems to be viewed as a gunslinger who should be benched in favor of an inaccurate senior who has already hit his ceiling. Not really sure how much that Elite 11 status carries here on VolNation.... doesn't seem to carry much weight.

Worley has 10 starts in his career at UT. Dobbs has what 4? IMO either kid could show a lot of improvement this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley has 10 starts in his career at UT. Dobbs has what 4? IMO either kid could show a lot of improvement this year.

I agree. I think our QB play will be much improved this year and I think we have 2 very talented young QBs who are Elite 11 alumni. I'm bullish on both Dobbs and Fergy

This. So many people either ignore or just don't realize how bad our QB situation really was last year. And even this year really. Still very inexperienced....

Impossible players don't ever improve and will always be exactly how they are day 1 on campus ~~~~ all the morons that still think Dooley is coaching

If this guy comes to UT, it will be awesome to hear Kesling trying to pronounce his name.

Like him more than all fla qbs this cycle not named Gibson. Mike Vick/Taj Boyd type skill set. Biggest knock besides height is forcing the throws and fumbles too much.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Don't want.

Signed,
Lane Kiffin

I would really like either Gentry or this dude to be our guy. Does anyone know where he stands on the board?

I believe I read in another thread where HG said this kid is #1 on FL's QB board.

Although listed as a dual-threat quarterback, Orlando, Fla., signal caller Deondre Francois showed off his big arm at the RCS Orlando camp on Saturday taking home the quarterback MVP award.

The 6-foot, 182-pound Francois has offers from Tennessee, Clemson, Florida, Miami, North Carolina, Ohio State and others and said the Vols have his attention early on.

"I like the fact that Tennessee didn't get a quarterback in the last class," Francois explained. "They are telling me that I can come up there and help change the program and play early if I were to come there. That's why they are in my top five. I think I could come in there and do a good job early on."

"I want to get up there and meet the coaches in person. I talk to coach Jones and coach G and see the campus in person," Francois said. "They are recruiting me hard and really think I can come in and help them. I want to see them this summer and get to know them more."

-VQ

"Francois has a very compact, quick release and had a lot heat on his throws. Francois has the arm to make all the throws but needs to learn to put some touch on the short throws. He doesn't have great size, but his speed and quickness make him a weapon outside the pocket. It's easy to see why some feel he is the best quarterback in Florida."

-Rivals

Top 5 of Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, and Tennessee. Will announce in July

VN Store

Back