'15 DC PG Bryant Crawford

Like I said, if reality isn't something you can handle, then maybe you should see a Doc. Apparently to be ok with you I've gotta put on my orange glasses and be a sunshine pumper 247, not gonna be how it is, sorry Cledus.

Yea, I have to agree that your opinions have changed with the new coach. I like the info you bring but beginning to ignore the commentary.

Reactions: 3 people
Reminder:

AdamZagoria: Wed 02:57pm 2015 Gonzaga G Bryant Crawford has an in-home tomorrow w/ Tennessee and visits Georgetown this weekend

On Friday Tyndall will visit with Washington D.C. area point guard Bryant Crawford, probably the Vols last real crack at landing a true point in this class, or at least a highly regarded one. Tennessee jumped in this one late but the Vols are battling and hopeful of getting an official visit. The buzz we've picked up has Wake Forest as the school to beat, though Crawford seems interested in taking visits.

-VQ

I pretty much assume we will never have a decent PG. We can't sell PT for I don't know what reason. Does not compute. But we have consistently missed out on PGs over the last decade (minus Watson) with a wide-open roster spot for them.

I pretty much assume we will never have a decent PG. We can't sell PT for I don't know what reason. Does not compute. But we have consistently missed out on PGs over the last decade (minus Watson) with a wide-open roster spot for them.

I still think that has had a lot to do with the offense both Pearl and Martin ran. PGs want to play in a system where they are the linch pin. With both Pearl and Martin, basically the PG brought the ball down the floor, made one pass and waited for a random event to put the ball in their hands again.

It's just like quarterbacks want to play in a system where they are playmakers rather than caretakers.

I don't know enough about Tyndall's offense to say what role he expects of PGs.

Reactions: 1 person
I still think that has had a lot to do with the offense both Pearl and Martin ran. PGs want to play in a system where they are the linch pin. With both Pearl and Martin, basically the PG brought the ball down the floor, made one pass and waited for a random event to put the ball in their hands again.

It's just like quarterbacks want to play in a system where they are playmakers rather than caretakers.

I don't know enough about Tyndall's offense to say what role he expects of PGs.

This is true.

Pearl had Chris Jones committed and he was about as highly rated as they come, Larry Austin was no slouch either. I don't buy the style thing, maybe it's a slight factor but Martin and Pearl weren't the only guys to run their respective systems. You look at the Keady coaching true and there's plenty of highly rated point guards to have played for those coaches.

Pearl had Chris Jones committed and he was about as highly rated as they come, Larry Austin was no slouch either. I don't buy the style thing, maybe it's a slight factor but Martin and Pearl weren't the only guys to run their respective systems. You look at the Keady coaching true and there's plenty of highly rated point guards to have played for those coaches.

Was looking forward to Larry.

I admit I'm too lazy to look, but what highly rated PGs has Purdue had over the years? Lots of good wings and some good bigs, but, off the top of my head, don't remember a lot of standout PGs. Bruce Weber had Deron Williams and Dee Brown, but those guys were recruited by Bill Self.

Just me maybe, but I think that Keady coaching tree is average at best.

I'm just hoping at this point, that someone in this forum is raising a future PG for the 2021 class.

I admit I'm too lazy to look, but what highly rated PGs has Purdue had over the years? Lots of good wings and some good bigs, but, off the top of my head, don't remember a lot of standout PGs. Bruce Weber had Deron Williams and Dee Brown, but those guys were recruited by Bill Self.

Yeah not a big fan of the Keady coaching tree

Me too. It sucks the further away you get from the trunk

To be fair, most "coaching trees" do. I'd much rather hire a coach based on his accomplishments than his coaching tree. Every time I see that kind of stuff mentioned in a story about hiring a coach, it sets off my spidey senses.

E'Twuan Moore off the top of my head.

I thought I remembered E'Twuan Moore being a wing, at least that's the position all the services listed him coming out of high school. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

He was a "combo" guard I guess. Rivals listed him as a SG, while ESPN listed him as a PG.

Lewis Jackson and Terone Johnson were some other recent ones who were better than decent.

VN Store

Back