'15 CAN F Kyle Alexander (UT commit 5/7/15)

The key is "in a couple years". I worry people are gonna expect too much out of him year 1. He needs time to develop. Hopefully the Vols can let him sit and learn instead of throwing him into the fire straight off.

Having Kasongo helps that, landing Izundu would be ideal

Reactions: 4 people
@Ben_Fred: Tennessee hoops target Kyle Alexander (2015) is on a visit at New Mexico. Orangeville Prep forward visited the Vols last weekend.

@Ben_Fred: Tennessee basketball target Kyle Alexander (Orangeville Prep) says he hopes to make decision by this weekend. No more visits scheduled.

Definitely a guy who I would like to see added, but is not the recruit I hope that becomes typical. He is the kind of recruit you reach a bit on and take as a project, but as long as you take him with that being known and accepted I like it. He's relatively new to the game and is very raw, but you can't teach 6'10" with a 7'4" wingspan while being coordinated to run and chew gum at the same time, that's something to work with. Ideally he comes in and sees very minimal action in year 1, but by year 3 I think he's the type of player you look back on and are glad you took.

Simply put, in my opinion he's very similar to Tariq Owens, probably a little more coordinated and definitely a build more solidly built at this stage, but a guy who's gonna need 1-2 years.

Reactions: 1 person
If his weight is listed correctly then he already has 20+ pds. on Owens at the same stage.

Definitely a guy who I would like to see added, but is not the recruit I hope that becomes typical. He is the kind of recruit you reach a bit on and take as a project, but as long as you take him with that being known and accepted I like it. He's relatively new to the game and is very raw, but you can't teach 6'10" with a 7'4" wingspan while being coordinated to run and chew gum at the same time, that's something to work with. Ideally he comes in and sees very minimal action in year 1, but by year 3 I think he's the type of player you look back on and are glad you took.

Simply put, in my opinion he's very similar to Tariq Owens, probably a little more coordinated and definitely a build more solidly built at this stage, but a guy who's gonna need 1-2 years.

I think he is actually as you describe . I liked Owen's upside and this kid gives you a clone that weighs twenty pounds more plus another foot in the door in Canada.

do you supposed insiders really think this guy has a better upside that Willie Carmichael had????? just curious

do you supposed insiders really think this guy has a better upside that Willie Carmichael had????? just curious

Alexander is much more comparable to Tariq Owens than Willie Carmichael, and I thought Owens had twice the upside Carmichael did. Alexander is tall, athletic, and raw, much like Owens. Carmichael is 6-7, maybe 6-8, yet still thin, and doesn't do one thing exceptionally well. By all accounts, Alexander, despite only 2 years of organized basketball experience, is an excellent shot blocker and adequate rebounder. He is already heavier than Owens, and his father played professionally, and his sister plays in the WBNA.

I don't think many know much about Alexander. All we can really go by is that Willie looked awful and way behind in terms of basketball skills. Willie works hard and hustles but that's all we can say for now.

Alexander was receiving interest from Duke until they landed their top target. Barnes had him on the TX radar and now TN. Willie was being targeted by the C-USA teams. So that makes me feel more comfortable with Alexander than Willie. Alexander has the genes from his dad and sister both being excellent basketball players. If anything you get a taller, longer, and more athletic Willie Carmichael with potential to be much better along with keeping a Candian Pipeline open to a place that consistently puts out Very good basketball players

Reactions: 1 person
Hope we land him, with Ebuka pretty much eliminating us we better get some post help or we will be super small next year

VN Store

Back