#15 Auburn(8-3) @ #1 Alabama(10-1) - ESPN at 7:45ET

Bad coaching there. Take time out with 29 secs left. Then three throws into end zone before FG.

Bad coaching there. Take time out with 29 secs left. Then three throws into end zone before FG.

Or spike the ball once the chains are moved for the first down, then throw on 2nd and (if time permitting) 3rd down.

You save the timeout because if you get sacked on that second or third attempt, it's now a scramble to either stop the clock or get the kick team out there.

Taking the timeout immediately on getting the first down would be just as bad there.

Reactions: 1 person
Saban on the interceptions:

"I can't even tell you what I attribute them to..."

Because I attribute them to that jack-wad I hired to run the offense.

Reactions: 3 people
Why didn't Auburn spike it?

Only thing I can figure is that it goes against the whole always hurry up, no huddle idea.

I think they wanted to take advantage (in succession) of what was happening, rather than give Bama a chance to change out personnel, a break, or anything.

Bad clock management at the end but nice job all in all by Auburn.

Or spike the ball once the chains are moved for the first down, then throw on 2nd and (if time permitting) 3rd down.

You save the timeout because if you get sacked on that second or third attempt, it's now a scramble to either stop the clock or get the kick team out there.

Taking the timeout immediately on getting the first down would be just as bad there.

Yes that would be better. But my idea "just as bad" - man, that hurts. :)

Auburn should be up by 21, 24, or even 28 at this point. Looking great, MUCH better than I figured we would, but redzone offense is killing us.

Reactions: 3 people
You mean like the int bammer just threw trying to get a score before half.

Saban is probably the best coach in the game. That gives you a sense of his attitude. Try to score every opportunity you get. Butch should take notes. Hell in the previous auburn possession they only had about a minute and a half. They threw a bomb and it paid off. Two great coaches playing to win

Auburn has almost 400 yards of total offense in the first half vs. Alabama.

My goodness, anybody watching the film room show on sec network? Auburn and Bama fans embarrassing the hell outta themselves calling in.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back