'15 AL OL Brandon Kennedy

I kind have had a bad feeling for awhile. For me it is probably just BVS and for ziti it might just be heartburn, so we are probably still ok.

Heartburn gone.

When it more than a day or two after he was cleared I started getting nervous. Not sure what the hold up is but it’s concerning.

Heartburn gone.

When it more than a day or two after he was cleared I started getting nervous. Not sure what the hold up is but it’s concerning.

Glad your heartburn is gone. I thought that there was still a vote that had to take place regarding the transfer rules that we were waiting on.

Reactions: 1 person
Glad your heartburn is gone. I thought that there was still a vote that had to take place regarding the transfer rules that we were waiting on.

Maybe so:

"The Friday vote to change the bylaw means Kennedy no longer will need a release from Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban or a waiver from the commissioner to play immediately, pending a final NCAA legislative act expected to pass on June 11 in Indianapolis."

Tennessee football could benefit from SEC's grad-transfer rule change

Reactions: 6 people
The coaches wanted to develop Emerson on offense to add depth and see if he could contribute there. Pruitt said they'd finalize positions in fall camp, but unless we have injuries on the OL, Emerson will probably stay on defense, with the potential to get PT on both sides.

Reactions: 3 people
Just curious if anyone has any news on Kennedy. This guy seemed pretty gungho to get his transfer before the SEC meetings when he could not actually do it without a wavier, now that he can move it seems he has gone to live in a cave somewhere. I have not heard much of anything. Do any of you have any insight?

Just curious if anyone has any news on Kennedy. This guy seemed pretty gungho to get his transfer before the SEC meetings when he could not actually do it without a wavier, now that he can move it seems he has gone to live in a cave somewhere. I have not heard much of anything. Do any of you have any insight?

June 11 is the target date for everything to be finalized on the new rules and the language.

June 11 is the target date for everything to be finalized on the new rules and the language.

Makes me think we will know for sure sometime between Wednesday and Friday of next week. I guess once it’s passed, Satan can’t do anything about it anymore, right? Probably just paperwork with UT to get enrolled at that point.

The NCAA vote on the transfer package is June 11, but if passed, the rule change won't go into effect until October 15. If Kennedy is going to transfer to UT and play this year, Bama's compliance department has to formally lift the limitations placed on his transfer in time for him to enroll at UT in July. What Saban said and what Bama's compliance department did aren't the same.

Reactions: 4 people
Removing blocks on grad transfers is definitely something that could be a double edged sword for any team. If Pruitt gets us back to the top of the pack in thhe SEC, then we’ll probably be in a position like Bama is in with Kennedy at some point.

Still, I’m generally in favor of rules that give a bit more agency to the guys putting their bodies on the line for our entertainment. Especially when it’s guys who’ve taken care of their academic obligations and are in position to graduate.

Also I’m not sure how many grad transfers actually end up finishing their postgraduate degree, but it’s really common for people to pursue higher education at a different school than where they earned their bachelors. It varies on the field of study and the school, of course, but generally it’s a good idea to get away from where you spent your first 4 years and pursue that next degree somewhere new.

And I believe this is the sentiments DKjr had....has?

He put in the work and finished his degree, and he sacrificed his body when he could.

If I were his father, I would tell him to start fresh. Sapp is surging and he is trying to get paid one day. Kid has added 35 lbs of muscle over 3 1/2 years.

Ignot looks to contribute as well.

Edit: Or...
Maybe we will rotate LBs pretty regularly. And Kirkland plays or at least has less workload while regaining his health over the next 2 years?
That could work with him and Sapp

Last edited:
If DKJr doesn't get the PT or position he wants, it could be deja vu next year. Not sure he can be the same player he was before the injuries-- though that's certainly the hope.

Makes me think we will know for sure sometime between Wednesday and Friday of next week. I guess once it’s passed, Satan can’t do anything about it anymore, right? Probably just paperwork with UT to get enrolled at that point.

Can’t really do anything now...it’s been out of his hands since Destin.

The NCAA vote on the transfer package is June 11, but if passed, the rule change won't go into effect until October 15. If Kennedy is going to transfer to UT and play this year, Bama's compliance department has to formally lift the limitations placed on his transfer in time for him to enroll at UT in July. What Saban said and what Bama's compliance department did aren't the same.

This isn’t giving me the warm fuzzies.

Paperwork with us or Auburn.

This isn’t giving me the warm fuzzies.

I wouldn't worry. If Saban holds this kid hostage after the NCAA passes the vote, every school in the south will be using it to negatively recruit against him. No way he keeps this nonsense up after the vote.

Can't be stated how big a of deal it would be to get Kennedy. Potentially could be another win for us. I think OL could be the difference for a game or two and we BADLY need depth

Can't be stated how big a of deal it would be to get Kennedy. Potentially could be another win for us. I think OL could be the difference for a game or two and we BADLY need depth

And every capable body helps. One might not be a huge deal, but Kennedy, Chance, and Trey playing significant minutes over the course of the season definitely increases win potential.

And every capable body helps. One might not be a huge deal, but Kennedy, Chance, and Trey playing significant minutes over the course of the season definitely increases win potential.

Agreed. Kennedy is a day 1 starter at the Center position hands down.

No other players with experience are actual natural centers. Not saying they haven't played the position just saying it's not their Natural Position.

VN Store

Back