'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we're on the board for some big prospects right now, but I really want Malone. A stud like this in-state at WR? If we don't get him I'll be quite upset.

*Although Bowles was a top 100 in-state and I haven't heard jack squat about him so far. He still could be extremely good though

I know we're on the board for some big prospects right now, but I really want Malone. A stud like this in-state at WR? If we don't get him I'll be quite upset.

*Although Bowles was a top 100 in-state and I haven't heard jack squat about him so far. He still could be extremely good though

Well he was a true freshman last year playing behind CP, J Hunt, and Z Ro.. I'd say he will make some noise this year.

Well he was a true freshman last year playing behind CP, J Hunt, and Z Ro.. I'd say he will make some noise this year.

He has alot of time to progress, but the reports haven't been glowing so far

He has alot of time to progress, but the reports haven't been glowing so far

Reports haven't really been glowing on anyone from the WR corps not named Carter, Blanc, and Young.

They've also only had a handful of practices to implement an entirely new offense. You'll hear a lot more about Harris, Croom, Bowles, and Pig by the time spring practice is over.

We are stack loaded at WR with young talent. He'll get his shot

This kid Reminds me a lot of Drae Bowles recruitment. We didn't hear a lot of him stayed kind of quiet but was all vol all along I think the same is going on with Malone I'm not worried about this one unless I hear other wise to think differently. Sometimes no news is good news. Its the ones that get out and do interviews and tweets that I worry about not the quiet ones.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he has a good shot at a 5th star with a productive senior season and a great showing at the 5 star challenge.

Malone, a four-star from Gallatin (Tenn.) Station Camp, became just the second receiver invited to the camp. The No. 72 player in the Rivals100 showed why he was deserving of the invitation during one-on-one play.

"He is great on the deep ball," Farrell said. "He is a long strider who goes and gets the ball at the highest point. He is a real red zone threat and a good route runner."

Reactions: 1 person
On offense, it was Josh Malone who stood out and won the skill position MVP. He is just really smooth and uses his length wisely. He'll be visiting Notre Dame on April 20 so won't be in Knoxville for the Orange and White game. Also, we hear the Jay Graham down at FSU has him liking the Seminoles as well right now. He's pretty open right now.

-Fortenberry

"I think UT has done a great job recruiting Malone. He is a private kid and doesn't do a lot of list or naming leaders. He has an amazing set of parents who are advising him to go about this process in a business like manner. I think UT is positioned as well as any school for Malone."

- corner36 on VQ (Buck Fitzgerald)

Reactions: 2 people
"I think UT has done a great job recruiting Malone. He is a private kid and doesn't do a lot of list or naming leaders. He has an amazing set of parents who are advising him to go about this process in a business like manner. I think UT is positioned as well as any school for Malone."

- corner36 on VQ (Buck Fitzgerald)

Thanks, RS. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
At Rivals Camp in Atlanta this weekend Malone was named offensive MVP. Understand, this is an invite-only camp where he was competing against some of the best rising seniors (and a few good rising juniors) in the region. He was smooth, no doubt. Heard him talking about recruiting. He said he likes UT, but is torn between them and WV, since WV was on him first and there's an established relationship there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back