'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also had a pick tonight. That gives him 6 for the year.

SN: Corner36, just said that Malone was the best HS WR in America.

I finished watching Malone's Hudl highlights. Is this kid a man amongst boys? I guess there isn't a ton of D1 talent where he plays. Anyone familiar with whom he plays against?

I cover 9AAA. It is a very good district, with lots of good talent. Malone is really special. (Not that you needed me for that part)

“For the second straight game Malone scored all three of the Bison's touchdowns, and it was good enough for a 24-17 win over Franklin in the first round of the Class 6A playoffs. . . . Malone caught three touchdown passes (80, 54, 14) and also picked off a Franklin pass in the end zone on the first play of the third quarter.

. . . Second-seeded Station Camp (9-2) produced just 77 yards and no points in its first six possessions. The Bison doubled that on one play when quarterback Kyle Anderton found Malone, who leaped between two Franklin defenders and took it the rest of the way for an 80-yard touchdown with 2:05 remaining in the half. After a three-and-out by Franklin, the Bison got the ball back with less than a minute remaining. From the Station Camp 46, Anderton threw a short pass to a slanting Malone, who shed defenders and appeared to be headed for the sideline to stop the clock. He then reversed the field and weaved through defenders all the way to the end zone for another score.

"We were in the two-minute drill, and I got under the linebacker," said Malone, who finished with 224 yards on 11 receptions. "I broke the cornerback's tackle, and I thought I saw more (defensive backs) in front of me, but it was my own linemen so I kept making people miss. It was a tag-team effort" (Josh Malone carries Station Camp again).

Reactions: 3 people
Didn't realize until I saw him last night, but this kid is special. Great field vision. To let him get out of this state would be loss.

Carl Pickens - CP1
Cordarrelle Paterson - CP2
Josh Malone - CP3 - JM1

Last edited:
Sounds like his int was as critical of a play as his td's. Prevented a tying touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back