'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished watching Malone's Hudl highlights. Is this kid a man amongst boys? I guess there isn't a ton of D1 talent where he plays. Anyone familiar with whom he plays against?

I finished watching Malone's Hudl highlights. Is this kid a man amongst boys? I guess there isn't a ton of D1 talent where he plays. Anyone familiar with whom he plays against?

He plays in Rutherford county. Besides the private schools, and a few teams in Memphis, it's the most legit region in Tennessee. Williamson county is having a rare down year, but is usually on par.

I stated previously in this thread, that a grizzled veteran Sumner County football coach told me that Josh Malone is the most talented WR to ever play football in the state of Tennessee.

The kid has all of the physical tools to be a difference maker-supreme.

He plays in Rutherford county. Besides the private schools, and a few teams in Memphis, it's the most legit region in Tennessee. Williamson county is having a rare down year, but is usually on par.
Not trying to be condescending, by any means here. I think it's Robertson county could be wrong.

There ya go. Rutherford is a beast of a county in h.s. Football though. Hs games in m'boro are more hype than an MTSU game.

Reactions: 1 person
Sumner County.

Tux just wondering what your background is regarding football. I see you take a very critical stance on CBJ and this program. Respectfully, I don't agree with you on things you say but would be interested to know.

Tux just wondering what your background is regarding football. I see you take a very critical stance on CBJ and this program. Respectfully, I don't agree with you on things you say but would be interested to know.
I played college football, my brothers played college football and one played in the NFL and one was a collegiate assistant coach. I have been around the game or those who played at higher levels for most of adult lifetime.

For the record, I think that Butch is doing an awesome job recruiting and with the PR for the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I played college football, my brothers played college football and one played in the NFL and one was a collegiate assistant coach. I have been around the game or those who played at higher levels for most of adult lifetime.

For the record, I think that Butch is doing an awesome job recruiting and with the PR for the program. I am just not a fan of his offensive scheme.

Do you think his scheme will look better with better players and better execution/more consistency?

Do you think his scheme will look better with better players and better execution/more consistency?
Better players?

Sure we need some more and better skill players. Josh Malone would go a long way in bringing some much needed playmaking skills to the program.

He plays for station camp High school. Its in Gallatin TN. Sumner county, Its the neighboring school to Beech which is where Jalen Hurd played. Those two teams are pretty well the best in the division.

Better players?

Sure we need some more and better skill players. Josh Malone would go a long way in bringing some much needed playmaking skills to the program.

Yes, I know we need better players. I should rephrase, maybe. Would you not like the scheme even if it was better executed and more productive? Do you think it will never work well in the SEC, or are you judging it based on current results? I also haven't seen half the games, so it is hard for me to separate what is on the coaches and what is on the players. I am not trying to be a jerk, I am really interested in what you think here. Thanks.

funny-gifs-want.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Haha. I have no inside info whatsoever. I just think if you add up all the pieces to the puzzle UT is very likely going to win this battle. I could be wrong in the end, we'll see...

This is what makes you different than the OCI's of the board: you admit that you are not completely sure and could be wrong, unlike announcing certain Vol 'locks' that are inevitably anything but locks. For this, I thank you.

:hi:

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back