'14 TN OL Benson Napier (UT walk on 2/15/14)

Great kid with a nasty streak on the field! Very intelligent. (Valedictorian with a very high ACT score. Could be a contributor in 2-3 years.

Reactions: 2 people
Another good get. Stack the depth at O-line with good depth. Hope he earns that scholarship one day.

Reactions: 3 people
3aca42a6b2b5ab2bdad782cdb1c2d706.jpeg

4-year starter, all-state on OL last season with 89 pancake blocks. Looks like he moves pretty well for a 300-pounder and enjoys flattening defenders:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1bWXWJKLyc[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Is he preferred and what is the difference between PWO and regular walk on?
You can only have 115(?) players on the roster, between scholarship players and walkons. Preferred means you have a spot on the roster of 115(?), whereas just going to walkon at a school means you are not guaranteed to make the team.

You can only have 115(?) players on the roster, between scholarship players and walkons. Preferred means you have a spot on the roster of 115(?), whereas just going to walkon at a school means you are not guaranteed to make the team.

Thank you

Our great offensive lines from the 80's and 90's were built around these no-names from around the state. The thing I noticed most on his film is that his motor never stops. Many times he was running down the field with the running back.

I look forward to seeing him play the next few years:peace2:

Reactions: 3 people
It is NEVER a bad thing to fill the walk-on roster with some talented in-state linemen. Give me those every day....gives up depth, immediate scout team talent, potential contributor talent, and another guy who bring the PRIDE OF THE STATE to our team.

Reactions: 5 people
Films says he got a 29 on his ACT. That instantly gives him the increased HOPE scholarship which is $6500/yr IIRC.

That's awesome. A big boy with a big brain! Wouldn't be surprised to see this kid contribute in the future.

Reactions: 1 person
These guys seem to be doing a great job with getting walk-ons

I'd like to see them getting some of the lesser players from major high school programs. Could be good for landing future studs from those schools. Getting Durden from Eagles Landing is a good example.

Films says he got a 29 on his ACT. That instantly gives him the increased HOPE scholarship which is $6500/yr IIRC.

It is really a no-lose situation. I don't know if he got any lower level offers (profile shows none), but he would most likely go to UT anyway because of his academic record. UT is keeping more high academic kids these days because they would rather stay in-state for free (or almost) than leave and have to pay.

Dude is super intelligent to get offered by Harvard. And he made the intelligent move to stay home and wear the orange. You just never know he could be more than what scouts expected. And being so smart he would be great a Center. If Coleman Thomas plays guard, not center, Benson could make it happen

Great kid! Very hard worker. Understands the game. Passed up several other opportunities to be a VFL. He will surprise a lot of folks.

your not going to see many 5 star offensive lineman. Most are 3 stars or less and are developed over time like Fisher.

VN Store

Back