'14 TN OL Akeem Cooperwood

Do we have another of the ...lets blast one kid in hopes of pumping up another kid.... on the board??

JB said he was a Jr and 16 years old,if he is in class of 2014 and only 14 that means he will graduate when he is 16:crazy:

No, he's a 15-year-old rising sophomore.

As the original post in this thread stated, he started for Fulton last fall as a freshman.

"Also had a chance to speak to 2014 OL Akeem Cooperwood. He said the Vols are way out in front of everybody and as soon as the Vols offer he would probably commit on the spot. He said he is trying to keep an open mind...as Alabama, LSU..among a few others have inquired about him....but that Tennessee is where he wants to be.....as his mom is the cook for the players...." - Carlos Younger
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Go ahead kid...call the press conference and announce for the Vols. We promise...we won't be mad at ya.

I know, but you would think it's just a matter of time. IMO, this is the kind of kid CDD needs to allow to commit as soon as he wants to if the staff wants him. I don't care if it's a year off or he has taken no visits. Don't try to give him a reason to look elsewhere.

I know, but you would think it's just a matter of time. IMO, this is the kind of kid CDD needs to allow to commit as soon as he wants to if the staff wants him. I don't care if it's a year off or he has taken no visits. Don't try to give him a reason to look elsewhere.

Are you serious? Could you be any more willfully ignorant?

Jmoore just spelled it out for you....CDD...or any coach for that matter....can't offically offer this kid until he is a junior...hence, he can't officially commit to any school until that happens

Dooley can't offically offer this kid and as you say "let him commit as soon as he wants" unless he wants to blatantly violate an NCAA rule...

Are you suggesting he do that?

No offers in writing to 2014 prospects yet. It's all verbal for them at this point. It's against the NCAA rules.

UGA just picked up a '14 commitment.

We also picked up a commit from Eric Berry's bro last year. They're meaningless.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I imagine those commitments were picked up much in the same way this one was:

"Also had a chance to speak to 2014 OL Akeem Cooperwood. He said the Vols are way out in front of everybody and as soon as the Vols offer he would probably commit on the spot. He said he is trying to keep an open mind...as Alabama, LSU..among a few others have inquired about him....but that Tennessee is where he wants to be.....as his mom is the cook for the players...."

As jmoore said...these kids aren't offically offered until they are juniors...but if they want to say they are committed then nobody can stop them from that

I imagine those commitments were picked up much in the same way this one was:

As jmoore said...these kids aren't offically offered until they are juniors...but if they want to say they are committed then nobody can stop them from that

A verbal offer is not the same as no offer, so it's different.

Are you serious? Could you be any more willfully ignorant?

Jmoore just spelled it out for you....CDD...or any coach for that matter....can't offically offer this kid until he is a junior...hence, he can't officially commit to any school until that happens

Dooley can't offically offer this kid and as you say "let him commit as soon as he wants" unless he wants to blatantly violate an NCAA rule...

Are you suggesting he do that?

I'm not sure how anything that I said or anything that you said means the kid could not commit to Tennessee. Where did I say CDD would offer the kid tonight on the 11 o'clock news? There have been kids commit to a school who has never offered or spoke to them...it did not make it an NCAA violation. I never said the kid was signng a LOI. I think your looking for a reason to call someone names. If it makes you feel better about yourself...I can handle it. Puff that chest out a bit more lil man. You sure took me to school on this one! :thumbsup:

:eek:lol:

I'm not sure how anything that I said or anything that you said means the kid could not commit to Tennessee. Where did I say CDD would offer the kid tonight on the 11 o'clock news? There have been kids commit to a school who has never offered or spoke to them...it did not make it an NCAA violation. I never said the kid was signng a LOI. I think your looking for a reason to call someone names. If it makes you feel better about yourself...I can handle it. Puff that chest out a bit more lil man. You sure took me to school on this one! :thumbsup:

:eek:lol:

It was made clear what the rule is by jmoore's post...and yet you still implied Dooley should offer and in some way was falling short because he hadn't...

But if posting kneejerk reactions in order to get a response from posters gives you some sense of meaning in life(since you are in fact 35, unemployed and spend most of your day on a message board) then by all means go ahead and puff that chest out...you really got me...especially with the witty use of emoticons...

And I didn't call you a single name in the post that you quoted...but I understand that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit

If calling someone willfully ignorant is not name calling...I would like to see what is. I understand that somehow you think me being 35 means I should follow some stereotype and as I don't.....it bothers you. I'm not sure how you calling me "unemployed" is supposed to mean anything in reguard to the topic at hand. I can assure you that me not punching a clock would not put me in the "unemployed" catagory that you think your placing me in. I would imagine I spend more on my UT tickets and donations than you make in a year. Your going to run across people who do not care to agree with 100% of what you have to say and trying to call names and weak attempts to degrade them on your part makes you sound a bit envious. I will admit that not working at 35 is not a bad gig. :thumbsup:

If calling someone willfully ignorant is not name calling...I would like to see what is. I understand that somehow you think me being 35 means I should follow some stereotype and as I don't.....it bothers you. I'm not sure how you calling me "unemployed" is supposed to mean anything in reguard to the topic at hand. I can assure you that me not punching a clock would not put me in the "unemployed" catagory that you think your placing me in. I would imagine I spend more on my UT tickets and donations than you make in a year. Your going to run across people who do not care to agree with 100% of what you have to say and trying to call names and weak attempts to degrade them on your part makes you sound a bit envious. I will admit that not working at 35 is not a bad gig. :thumbsup:

You might want to check my public profile, see what degeres I have and check the 75% salary for someone of my education is before you make comments about comparing incomes...

I don't in any way feel inadequate when I think about what mine is

You might want to check my public profile, see what degeres I have and check the 75% salary for someone of my education is before you make comments about comparing incomes...

I don't in any way feel inadequate when I think about what mine is

Obviously something bothers you about me not having to work. You have mentioned it several times in several different threads. Sounds a tad inadequate to me. I forgive you though. I know it's just your recruiting frustration getting the best of you. :peace2:

VN Store

Back