'14 TN DE/TE Derek Barnett (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Quick note...

I know it was posted that Barnett didn't make it to Vandy today and he didn't make it earlier in the day as scheduled, but he is there now and got there late this evening, later than originally scheduled. Just wanted to clear up some stuff."

- Fortenberry

After my investigation, I now realize the "wild dog bone" is given to visiting recruits to protect themselves from things "going bad" as they walk around candy's campus. In the event of trouble, it can be used as a weapon. TIFWIW.

Attachments

• 13SIGN_ChaosBone.jpg
    13SIGN_ChaosBone.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 15
After my investigation, I now realize the "wild dog bone" is given to visiting recruits to protect themselves from things "going bad" as they walk around candy's campus. In the event of trouble, it can be used as a weapon. TIFWIW.

Instead of ripping of their shirts a la Kiffin's Wild Boys style, do Franklin & staff rip off their pants?

vuckfandy_zps5380074d.jpg

Never. Gets. Old.

Reactions: 5 people
It's satire and common in our society. I thought the joke was ok. Didn't make me actually laugh out loud but it wasn't a bad effort. Offensive jokes aren't meant to expose actual humor in bad situations. They are meant as an effort to coupe with the terrible truth. I would venture that nobody here finds the actual event funny and never hope such an act to anyone.

Offensive jokes are an effort to dehumanize an inhumane occurrence. (If it truly is a joke). I didn't say the joke so don't get all Dr. Phil on me by telling me to reevaluate crap. All offensive jokes have victims and its pretty pathetic to rip a guy because that particular victim isn't funny to you. :no:

The most mature defensive mechanism is humor. Can't argue with that Scotty.

Also, even though it looks like Barnett did in fact make it to Vandy today, I'll feel much better about our chances if he does indeed get here next weekend with Rashaan. Next weekend should be a fun event.

I may be alone on this, but I think this is the perfect weekend for Derek to be there, with negative news currently out there. Bet they are in full blown spin mode, probably making all they're BS really obvious. Be best for him to be in Ktown asap, to experience a better atmosphere.

I disagree. If mom is the hold up and he wants to be a vol he wouldn't have gone without her IMO.

Mom has wanted him to go to Vandy. She didn't go and help Jimmy sell Vandy. I take it as she's letting him make his own decision. By all accounts, that means he's a Vol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back