'14 TN DE/TE Derek Barnett (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be "sooo" cool to never have laughed or said an offensive joke. You might want to climb down from your self perceived high horse before you fall on your face.

I aint on a "high horse" homey, and I laugh at plenty of offensive jokes, none of which involve gang rape on a passed out coed though. If you find that humorous, I suggest you reevaluate.

Reactions: 5 people
cHSqp.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Barnett showed up with Jay Robertson, Jackson Harris and a group of others. Immediately he was given the Wild dog bone to carry around.

-Barton Simmons

Had a phone call about 6 from his coach and he told me he didn't go. Maybe he told his coach he wasn't going and then decided to go. I know his coach told Butch last night that he wasn't going as well. All he was going to do was watch the scrimmage anyway. IF my info was wrong, my bad. No big deal either way as far as I'm concerned but that's what I was told.

FranklinVol

I aint on a "high horse" homey, and I laugh at plenty of offensive jokes, none of which involve gang rape on a passed out coed though. If you find that humorous, I suggest you reevaluate.

It's satire and common in our society. I thought the joke was ok. Didn't make me actually laugh out loud but it wasn't a bad effort. Offensive jokes aren't meant to expose actual humor in bad situations. They are meant as an effort to coupe with the terrible truth. I would venture that nobody here finds the actual event funny and never hope such an act to anyone.

Offensive jokes are an effort to dehumanize an inhumane occurrence. (If it truly is a joke). I didn't say the joke so don't get all Dr. Phil on me by telling me to reevaluate crap. All offensive jokes have victims and its pretty pathetic to rip a guy because that particular victim isn't funny to you. :no:

Reactions: 8 people
Barnett showed up with Jay Robertson, Jackson Harris and a group of others. Immediately he was given the Wild dog bone to carry around.

-Barton Simmons

The "Wild dog bone" sounds like a storied tradition that dates back.....Like MONTHS?!?

More from FranklinVol

No. My son goes there. The high school had practice this morning and he told his coach that he wasn't going. Again, maybe something changed. I thought it was great if he didn't go but, honestly, nothing has changed in this situation in weeks. Bottom line is he wants to be a Vol. He will be there next weekend with Rashaan and most of the commitments. Obviously, it's tougher to go to Knoxville than Vandy for him to see a scrimmage. A lot of things and people are working in our favor. Whether he was there today or not, I still think it will turn out ok in time. JMO.

It's satire and common in our society. I thought the joke was ok. Didn't make me actually laugh out loud but it wasn't a bad effort. Offensive jokes aren't meant to expose actual humor in bad situations. They are meant as an effort to coupe with the terrible truth. I would venture that nobody here finds the actual event funny and never hope such an act to anyone.

Offensive jokes are an effort to dehumanize an inhumane occurrence. (If it truly is a joke). I didn't say the joke so don't get all Dr. Phil on me by telling me to reevaluate crap. All offensive jokes have victims and its pretty pathetic to rip a guy because that particular victim isn't funny to you. :no:

That may be one of the most profound and insightful things I've read on VN in quite some time. Very interesting post,

Yes that was my favorite part of Barton's report. Wtf is a wild dog bone LOL. Also on goVols247 Kevin Ryan warned that the Brentwood coach is a huge Vol homer and its probably closer to 50/50 then we'd like to believe.

I'm right on this one, you're wrong. Moving on now. FYI, I feel dumber from reading your post.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back