'14 SC DT Poona Ford

If coach Strip is true to his words about needing larger DL I don't see us taking Ford with us presumably already having Barnett and possibly Chris Williams wrapped up. That would leave us with Mosley, Lambert, and Elam left on the board.

If coach Strip is true to his words about needing larger DL I don't see us taking Ford with us presumably already having Barnett and possibly Chris Williams wrapped up. That would leave us with Mosley, Lambert, and Elam left on the board.

Lambert is actually smaller(275) than Williams(290) and Ford(285). He may be taller and can add more weight, but he is the lightest of the bunch.

Gamecocks took another DT in Abu Lamin today....I guess USCe is for sure out of it with Ford

From what I've read, it's still not out of the question that SC would take Ford if that's where he eventually wants to go (which is something that no one seems to be able to get a read on at the moment).

Lambert is actually smaller(275) than Williams(290) and Ford(285). He may be taller and can add more weight, but he is the lightest of the bunch.

I only threw Lambert in there because h is JuCo. I was thinking of the overall board and what's left at DT.

Elam and Mosley would be the last two high school guys.

I would think he is ours if we want him. I can't see him picking UL, considering that he would have a chance to play immediately in the SEC, but you never know.

But, our options are interesting.

The numbers are real tight now. Some want USC to take another dl instead of a third wr. I think the third wr may have missed the boat already. It looks like Dante Sawyer will be the de which leaves Wideman or Ford with a longshot of Moten. Wideman had been a long time USC lean, but committed to FSU last week. However, he left the Gamecock camp confused this past weekend which indicates his recruitment isn't over. Grades could cloud it though. Ford may be the one left out as he said to be confused too.

Last edited:
c2p emailed me back and said nothing new to report, which is why he's not given us any updates. He said it's a UT/UL battle and has been that way for two months. That's all I got.

Reactions: 4 people
c2p emailed me back and said nothing new to report, which is why he's not given us any updates. He said it's a UT/UL battle and has been that way for two months. That's all I got.

I just wonder how hard we are pushing at the moment.

Paul seems to think we've backed off.

I just wonder how hard we are pushing at the moment.

Paul seems to think we've backed off.

Definitely seems that way given all of the other recruiting we are doing along the DL. You know something is up when you offer someone like Matt Elam later in the game.

I'll take this as good news

I hope so. I really hope we're not turning away DT's. I could understand if he were a DE but not DT's. I hope we take at least 4 good DT's if we can get them.

Ford, C. Williams, Barnett, Humphreys, Lambert, Elam and Mosley. I say take as many as you can get from that group.

I hope so. I really hope we're not turning away DT's. I could understand if he were a DE but not DT's. I hope we take at least 4 good DT's if we can get them.

Ford, C. Williams, Barnett, Humphreys, Lambert, Elam and Mosley. I say take as many as you can get from that group.

Well at least we now know c2p is alive and well... I was beginning to think he'd joined the witness protection program.

Reactions: 2 people
C2p just emailed me again saying he got word today that UT is full now and don't have room for Poona. And said he'll be picking Louisville. Bummer.

C2p just emailed me again saying he got word today that UT is full now and don't have room for Poona. And said he'll be picking Louisville. Bummer.

WTF??? Hope we got all kind of silent commits on the DL.....Oh boy...just got real interesting....never dreamed we would turn this guy away

So Poona was conditional. Which would explain why things went quiet. Thanks for following up, Ron.

I am shaking my head with wonder at what has happened over this year so far.

Could be we are full or it could be the staff just felt better about other targets and was letting him down easy. I hope if they turned him away, we are actually full. DL recruiting, DT especially has not been good enough of late to be turning down 4 star DTs as strong as this kid.

VN Store

Back