'14 SC DT Poona Ford

UL? WTF. Is that because TN and SC have backed off him? It doesnt' seem like much is going on with him and Tennessee anymore though. You dont hear his name mentioned at all when it comes to the guys being talked about for these final DL spots.

As sad as it is, maybe Strong is selling him on how he turned us down last year and giving all the reasons why.

Not saying I like it, but all is fair in love, war and recruiting :cray:

Earlier in the year, I started commenting in this thread because Ford has the size and skill set that Jones and Jancek and Srip look for. It’s because I know what they look for in defensive linemen that I still don’t get going after Mosley. And while their needs can evolve, I don’t think they are going to change that radically from what they’ve done in the past.

But I do know that of all the positions that are hard to project, DT is probably one of the worst. That’s why so many of the highly-rated guys are busts, and the NFL is full of 2-star guys. It just takes time for human maturation to occur, and that means you’re looking at high school seniors to determine who is good.

It is awesome that so many other positions are getting filled with awesome talent already. I am not as concerned that the defensive line is taking longer, because sometimes Mother Nature takes her sweet time. Marlon Walls was barely 220 when he was a senior, and he’s losing weight now to get in the 270s.

Long story short, why don’t we wait until September before we totally panic, okay?

Reactions: 3 people
Earlier in the year, I started commenting in this thread because Ford has the size and skill set that Jones and Jancek and Srip look for. It’s because I know what they look for in defensive linemen that I still don’t get going after Mosley. And while their needs can evolve, I don’t think they are going to change that radically from what they’ve done in the past.

But I do know that of all the positions that are hard to project, DT is probably one of the worst. That’s why so many of the highly-rated guys are busts, and the NFL is full of 2-star guys. It just takes time for human maturation to occur, and that means you’re looking at high school seniors to determine who is good.

It is awesome that so many other positions are getting filled with awesome talent already. I am not as concerned that the defensive line is taking longer, because sometimes Mother Nature takes her sweet time. Marlon Walls was barely 220 when he was a senior, and he’s losing weight now to get in the 270s.

Long story short, why don’t we wait until September before we totally panic, okay?

I'm going to panic in August...beat the rush :neener:

Reactions: 2 people
Q: How's the progress of recruiting the D-Linemen going? (Barnett, Ford, Mosely)
A: I think 2 out of those 3 are ours from talking with them

from Booth's ask.fm

Q: How's the progress of recruiting the D-Linemen going? (Barnett, Ford, Mosely)
A: I think 2 out of those 3 are ours from talking with them

from Booth's ask.fm

That would be Barnett and Mosley from the looks of it, knowing when he’s been here and they’ve been here.

Reactions: 2 people
People need to stop putting stock in those predictions. Look at Christian Miller.. had about 11 votes to Bama and then 7 or so rapid UGA picks. Looked like flipped... and then chose Bama.

If he isn't going to come here I hope he goes to Louisville. For one I don't want us to have to go against him and second it will be great to see SCar miss out on their in-state talent.

USCe just landed a DT and their board seems to think the reason he was taken is because the staff does not think they land Lamin or Ford. The board feels they are taking just 1 DT in this class. Could get interesting. Lamin was just offered by bama.

VN Store

Back