'14 SC DT Poona Ford

I have no issue with his height. Someone said the staff may back off because of it. Jesse Mahelona was one of my favorite DTs here and he was in the 5'10-6'1 range.

Quick story on Mahelona:

I was in the Humanities building going to my English class. I get to class, put my bag down, and decide to run to the restroom. I walk out of class and walk into the stomach of Mahelona. He was ROCK SOLID. I'm 5'8" and he had at least 3-4 inches on me. He asked where the Arts and Architecture building was and I pointed him to the back left door.

Im not sure what he was listed at, but from my stand point, he had 3-4 inches on me at 5'8". He was one of the most dominant linemen we've had in the last 10 -15 years.

Regarding Poona: I don't think his height will matter as long as the strength abd quickness is there.

Reactions: 1 person
Warren Sapp was listed at 6'2... Was probably closer to 6'0. One of the most dominant DT ever.

Poona is going to be a beast wherever he goes. The height nonsense has nothing to do with his on the field performance.

What's dumb to me is that people act like the kid (who's only 16 or 17 years old) can't or won't grow anymore over the next few years.

But even if he doesn't, guy is a beast.

What's dumb to me is that people act like the kid (who's only 16 or 17 years old) can't or won't grow anymore over the next few years.

But even if he doesn't, guy is a beast.

The same people have Hurd growing into a 6'10" running back:thumbsup::birgits_giggle:

VN Store

Back