'14 SC DT Poona Ford

strong is a hailuva recruiter.

besides itll be a ut/cock battle before it all ends. juss sayin.

That's cool....

Please, allow me to introduce...

3649b1a48fd396965e65c0e92aa1f554.jpeg

Reactions: 16 people
Just have to hope he gets mugged(nothing serious, maybe a masked guy with a pez dispenser in his pocket claiming it's a gun) while there and realizes it's time to announce for the Vols. :)

Hey, if you are such a big fan, why don't you go down there and try that brilliant idea. Let us know how that worked out for ya in 5-10

Yes he was on campus for the whole day yesterday. No updates on him, yet as we couldn't get in touch with him. Did hear he looked good yesterday in camp. The question is going to be his height as he's under 6-feet.

-Fortenberry

Yes he was on campus for the whole day yesterday. No updates on him, yet as we couldn't get in touch with him. Did hear he looked good yesterday in camp. The question is going to be his height as he's under 6-feet.

-Fortenberry

Yikes! Under 6 ft. Not too many DT's that can be that short and hang with the monster OLines in the SEC. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

UT staff: "What!" "Ford is not 6'5"??

Seeing as he had visited at least once before and several times after the offer, you would think his height would not be a surprise to anyone.

Jerry Ball was a long time NFL stud DT at a reported 6'1" 330. Most say he was 5'11". At DT, run stopping mass is more important than height.

Jerry Ball was a long time NFL stud DT at a reported 6'1" 330. Most say he was 5'11". At DT, run stopping mass is more important than height.

I have no issue with his height. Someone said the staff may back off because of it. Jesse Mahelona was one of my favorite DTs here and he was in the 5'10-6'1 range.

Last edited:
We need good DT's this class, as well as LB's. I really don't care how tall the guy is, but can he play. I want a guy with an attitude that wants to mix it up and get better. Poona may be our man.

VN Store

Back