'14 SC DT Poona Ford

the 6-foot-1, 290-pound defensive tackle said the most stuck out the most about his visit was his time in neyland stadium.

"the most impressive thing was the stadium. I tried on the jerseys and everything," ford said.
With the vols scheduled to lose around a half-dozen defensive linemen after next season ford said he's going to remember that about the vols and he hopes to learn more about tennessee on his next visit.

"i'm definitely going to keep it in mind. I'm probably going to take another visit there for the spring game," ford said.
Ford spent a good amount of time with defensive line coach steve stripling, who is spearheading his recruitment, as well as head football coach butch jones.

"they were with me the whole tour," ford said. "they were talking about early playing time and being able to come in and play."

during that time jones let ford know he had a scholarship offer to tennessee and it took the big-man by surprise.
- vq

This kid is of a beastly nature. Nice job butch and strip. Way to rock the scholly offer to this manchild .... with a fine first name (ahem...):eek:

This kid is of a beastly nature. Nice job butch and strip. Way to rock the scholly offer to this manchild .... with a fine first name (ahem...):eek:

We land him and he's on the first team all name team along with Jim Bob Cooter
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well ... I am currently in a City called Poona, India...
I want this guy on our defense....

Sounds positive.

I would love it if we can get a couple of OL and DL on board early.

Getting some DL to commit early!a gonna be important. I really think one of big reasons why Carl Lawson went Auburn was that he felt their DL recruiting class was better than ours and he was more familiar with those recruits. We start landing some names early, it could really set the stage for an incredible class. National signing day '14 is gonna be fun.

These jokes aren't even funny...

You guys are 7 years old.

Shirley, you could do better right?

Give us your best shot. Make us laugh.

My iPhone dictation put in the proper name Shirley rather than the word surely, Thought it might work. :)

More importantly, what kind of seven-year-olds are you hanging around with Villain?
Do they really know enough to make Poona-type jokes? Kind of scary if you ask me.

Last edited:
Hearing now that Poona Ford is expected to be in this weekend or the next weekend along with Dillon Bates and other big time recruits.

Reactions: 7 people
Bump

Has there been any word on if Poona ( hehe ) is gonna make it in this weekend?

This would be an awesome start to a great d-line class. He'll be a good one.

One of the Top Performers at NFTC Orlando.

4. Poona Ford, DT, Hilton Head (SC)
The 6-foot-0, 280-pound four-star Ford was easily the strongest and most explosive defensive lineman on hand, and it showed dominating every rep. His strength, with his hands and in the upper and lower body, combined with his quickness overwhelmed any offensive lineman he matched up with. While he worked out exclusively at defensive tackle today, he could also receive offers as a fullback. Ford currently has offers from Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Louisville, Kansas State, Arkansas and others. The Volunteers and Gamecocks are currently the top two.

Derwin James, Kain Daub, Poona Ford among best at Orlando Nike

VN Store

Back