'14 JUCO OT Dontavius Blair (UT SIGNEE 12/18/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blair was the most important recruit in this class. We desperately needed a rock at LT and we nabbed him. Defensive line is done by committee as you want to rotate as many as you can through there, but the offensive line is made up of individuals working as one. I still love our DL class (Barnett, Hendrix, Williams, Henderson, Mixon, Mosley, and Thomas). That DL class is better than our last three combined and I know Butch will add one more to that list before Feb. 5th.

Reactions: 3 people
Blair was the most important recruit in this class. We desperately needed a rock at LT and we nabbed him. Defensive line is done by committee as you want to rotate as many as you can through there, but the offensive line is made up of individuals working as one. I still love our DL class (Barnett, Hendrix, Williams, Henderson, Mixon, Mosley, and Thomas). That DL class is better than our last three combined and I know Butch will add one more to that list before Feb. 5th.
Thomas is visiting other schools too

This guy and Pearson were the ones we needed the absolute most. Blair> Lambert in both need and character

Agreed.. We need a guy we can plug in right away on the OL and a dynamic playmaker at WR to compliment North in a bad way.

At least he is being honest about it. Lambert is a liar and a fake. Flame away.

No flames from me. Not going to make a big deal about it. Just him tweeting all about Tennessee and getting pissed when people mentioned flipping: wouldn't have cared if he didn't make a big deal about UT and flipping, the actually flipping. Lame ass

Reactions: 1 person
No flames from me. Not going to make a big deal about it. Just him tweeting all about Tennessee and getting pissed when people mentioned flipping: wouldn't have cared if he didn't make a big deal about UT and flipping, the actually flipping. Lame ass

No doubt. He thought the recoil from Tennessee fans would be less severe if he remained committed then flipped at the last second. He was wrong.

Just decommit, then sign elsewhere. Like Lauderdale, I ain't mad at him, he at least is making it clear.

"Dontavius Blair is closing out a couple of online classes and told VolQuest that he can't wait to arrive in Knoxville this weekend, that he's been working for this moment since he first left for junior college."

-Brice

Reactions: 6 people
“i’ll be there friday night, but i’m going to check in saturday morning. I’ll be done with the classes probably by thursday night. I’ll be good to go (after that)[.] “i’ve been talking to the coaches, like, every day,” blair said. “they’ve just been telling me to get my classes done and don’t worry about what’s going on up there right now, because they want me to get everything done, as far as junior college.

“i just got off the phone with coach mo’ (offensive line coach don mahoney), and he was telling me, from day one, i’m coming in and i’ve got the opportunity to fill a spot. He was just telling me that they had a meeting or whatever, and i wasn’t there. He was just saying, ‘man, where’s blair?’”

“i’ve kind of been on edge,” said blair, who signed with the vols on dec. 18. “i’ve kind of been down about it because of these classes. But if i wanted out in december, hey, it was (going to take) hard work.”

“i’m very excited, for real,” blair said. “i’m just coming in and being a sponge, soaking up everything. Everything they teach me, everything i learn, just soak it up. Just coming in, learning the system and doing what i know.

Reactions: 4 people
great attitude by the big fella. come in, stay late and work hard. Help win the vols some games and hopefully he gets himself a big nfl check in the future. kid has huge potential.

9591100.jpeg

Reactions: 6 people
"I'm very excited; I can't wait to get there," said the mammoth, 6-foot-8 Blair, a Rivals.com top-10 player in the junior college rankings. "I've got to be there Saturday; I'm still taking a couple of online classes. But I mean, since the first day I went to junior college, this is what I've been waiting on.

"I'm just really working out hard and trying to be ready," said Blair, who shined at Garden City (Kans.) Community College. "I'm focused on my exercises and flexibility. I've been running a lot. I've been told how tough it is, so I don't want to get there and fall out while we're running. "I've just been doing 20-yard sprints, 10-yard sprints, 5-yard sprints and then 30-yard sprints."

"It's all about being humble and walking through the game like you've been there," Blair explained. "That's what it's all about for real, real. Work hard, do your best and leave everything in God's hands."

"All of them are my brothers; I ended up getting on with all of them. We all brothers now," Blair said. "I talked to Coach Mo (offensive line coach Don Mahoney earlier this week). They're very excited. I'm very excited. We all can't wait till I get there."

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
This was offensive tackle Dontavius Blair's first work as a Vol and he's got to get in better shape, but he has a great tackle frame. Long arms and he's immediately working at left tackle. Because Blair is a two year guy, he's likely going to work at tackle. - VQ

This was offensive tackle Dontavius Blair's first work as a Vol and he's got to get in better shape, but he has a great tackle frame. Long arms and he's immediately working at left tackle. Because Blair is a two year guy, he's likely going to work at tackle. - VQ

Not great news, but if being out of shape is his biggest problem, then that shouldn't be too much of a concern...if he's willing to work.

That's why JUCO guys being EE's is such a big deal. Plenty of time to get him in shape before August but what if he didn't arrive until July?

Reactions: 1 person

Surely he can get in shape in 8 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back