'14 JUCO OT Dontavius Blair (UT SIGNEE 12/18/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the guys here did a feature with Blair after his visit. He told me that he had a great time in Knoxville. He really enjoyed himself. The coaching staff made him feel wanted. Blair has several major offers on the table. I do think he wants to come to the SEC.

Alabama did not offer him during his visit. I think they are intrigued by him right now. They just want to see some more film and evaluate him again in the spring.

-Andrew Bone

-Andrew Bone

He could end up being a nice addition for UT. Seems to be really high on UT and UA did not offer. UA has already offered 2 other JUCO OTs an offer. So that should make the pecking order obvious with him not getting one. UT appears to be in great shape for Blair.

"Mississippi State was here for my spring game. Tennessee was here to see me on Friday. Georgia was here a couple of weeks ago. Kansas State was on Thursday. Texas A&M, USC and Nebraska were here when it was snowing and we didn't practice. I just did some agility drills and ran for them."

-scout

Although Orlando Brown Jr. has plenty of size to potentially play early once he arrives in Knoxville, the Vols need multiple tackles in the 2014 signing class. Dontavius Blair of Garden City (Kan.) Community College is 6-7, 300 and is up to 17 offers. The Vols saw him on Friday and between the interest and opportunity on The Hill, Blair should officially visit Knoxville.

-scout

Reactions: 1 person
He's 6'8, plays a major position of need for next season, and would be an early enrollee.

I'd love to get this guy.

Reactions: 2 people
Dontavius Blair will make the visit again. Blair, originally from Alabama, said the Vols are coming after him the hardest right now and while Alabama and Auburn have yet to offer if either do they will certainly be in the mix. But, Tennessee has done a good job with the 6-foot-8, 300-pound offensive lineman up to this point.

-VQ

Seems like an odd gif to use, I would expect a :dance2: or a :thumbsup:, but not a :blink:?

The way that quote was phrased seems like he would like those offers therefore to some readers it may seem like he would lean that way if offered by auburn or bama.

Either way a lot of assumptions there, some kids just want offers to validate themselves, not because they want to go to that school.

Getting this guy to sign would solidify our OL next year a lot. He's giving us a whole lotta love now too.

Get some!
1156481.jpg

"I'm just going to be working on getting bigger, better and stronger," Blair said. "I want to weigh in when the season comes around at 305 and be solid."

"I want to take these visits and then leave it in God's hands," Blair said. "I'm going to go back down to Tennessee and I'm going to go see some schools that are recruiting me hard. Georgia, Ohio State, USC and Nebraska are all recruiting me pretty hard."

Some visits he plans on taking will be officials, but his visit to Tennessee is expected to be an unofficial visit. He was on campus earlier in the spring and he liked it so much he hopes to see the Vols in person again.

"The whole coaching staff and the whole program," Blair explained on why Tennessee continues to be a team he thinks highly of. "I came down and met the coaches and I felt pretty good about so a second visit won't hurt."

- VQ

Reactions: 8 people
Get a second unofficial now and then take the official to a game like SCar big fella. We need you in orange!

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back