'14 JUCO DT Davonte Lambert (Auburn Commit 12/18/13)

Probably UGA.......but I think UF's staff feels confident. Whether that confidence is merited or not is another question.

If he's visiting other places, he's wide open IMO. After watching so many of these recruiting seasons unfold, verbal commits or leans mean jack if a kid is still looking elsewhere.

THey should feel confident their douchebag head coach's head is going to explode one day when they just miss a first down.

If he's visiting other places, he's wide open IMO. After watching so many of these recruiting seasons unfold, verbal commits or leans mean jack if a kid is still looking elsewhere.

Exactly, if he is giving attention to other schools, even if he does commit to UGA, IMO he is still open. Verbals are not always as solid as some think. If you are like JH, TKjr, VW, etc... guys that are actively recruiting for their committed school, I would say you are a pretty solid commit. In other words, if you aren't like those guys we have on board, you are still open IMO.

Exactly, if he is giving attention to other schools, even if he does commit to UGA, IMO he is still open. Verbals are not always as solid as some think. If you are like JH, TKjr, VW, etc... guys that are actively recruiting for their committed school, I would say you are a pretty solid commit. In other words, if you aren't like those guys we have on board, you are still open IMO.

Lambert was down in Macon today representing GMC at an event. he said he would be committing in late september and we all know he has 3 visits setup.

Probably UGA.......but I think UF's staff feels confident. Whether that confidence is merited or not is another question.

I coached UF's JUCO DT from the 13 class, Reed. Is he on campus yet? If so, any word on how he's doing? The kid could be an NFL 3 technique if his work ethic improves?

I think Judd is highly interested in UT. And I've heard a lot of people say they want to play together. I think we have a better chance than most believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I coached UF's JUCO DT from the 13 class, Reed. Is he on campus yet? If so, any word on how he's doing? The kid could be an NFL 3 technique if his work ethic improves?

Just found out last week that he didn't have enough credits so he's not going to be able to play this Fall. Will be re-classified as a 2014 recruit, and have to be re-recruited.

Just found out last week that he didn't have enough credits so he's not going to be able to play this Fall. Will be re-classified as a 2014 recruit, and have to be re-recruited.

Nice kid, just kinda lazy. Sad to hear. He's got big time talent.

From ESPN in an article about the Mark Richt 7-v-7 camp this weekend.

Another prospect set to be in town Friday is juco defensive end Davontae Lambert (Milledgeville, Ga./Georgia Military College), whom defensive coordinator Todd Grantham has made a priority for this class. The 6-foot-2, 275-pound prospect actually took an official to Georgia while in high school, and he will follow up this weekend’s trip with official visits to Florida and Tennessee the next two weekends.

Ole Miss?

Don't think he's even being recruited by OM. Neither Rivals or 247 even shows an OM offer and no visits to OM on 247 timeline. My guess is UGA or Auburn if he decides soon. He's not scheduled to visit UT for another couple weeks.

Hubbs said last night that UT is recruiting Lambert "Very, very hard". Don't like our chances though without a visit.

Don't think he's even being recruited by OM. Neither Rivals or 247 even shows an OM offer and no visits to OM on 247 timeline. My guess is UGA or Auburn if he decides soon. He's not scheduled to visit UT for another couple weeks.

yep you are 100% correct.. the big reason auburn is mentioned is due to rodney garner. however right now it looks like uga will get his commitment soon, but with garner at auburn it gives them a real good fighting chance.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back