'14 JUCO DT Davonte Lambert (Auburn Commit 12/18/13)

If you're going to brag about being a graduate of the University of Tennesse, please learn to use periods. It is still a school after all. Learning about commas would help as well.

I'm sorry I'm in the middle of running calls and putting my life on the line and hopefully get to go home to my wife and kids the last thing I'm thinking about is commas and periods

Reactions: 4 people
Lol on the avatar!

Our roster is better no doubt if he hasn't had his perception slanted but does it outweigh his desire to win at a high level is the question.

Auburn is losing at least 2 and maybe 3 starting DL. It's an easy sell for thier staff to show him he will start. As I posted ealier perception is more important than reality in recruiting.

Just as an example They might be telling him lawson is a great pass rusher but lacking in run defense and he will play DE unless its an obvious passing down and then slide into the middle when lawson takes his place. It doesn't matter if that's true it just matters what he perceives to be true.

Distance from home is another auburn advantage

All those factors were present weeks ago. Surely you don't think it took a late night, last minute visit from Mahlzan and Garner for him to realize that. I can see Garner now... "you realize we're a lot closer. Really just pull up Google maps and check." "Also, we lose 2-3 lineman but we've only got 8-10 behind them."

All those factors were present weeks ago. Surely you don't think it took a late night, last minute visit from Mahlzan and Garner for him to realize that. I can see Garner now... "you realize we're a lot closer. Really just pull up Google maps and check." "Also, we lose 2-3 lineman but we've only got 8-10 behind them."

I am not saying this all took place in the last few days. It has been going on at the latest since the auburn alabama game weekend and likely before. He has been listening to auburn for weeks now at the very least.

This is why coaches want recruits to shut it down completely. Many posters(not directed at you) have their heads in a pile of orange sand and don't want to admit that.

I'm sorry I'm in the middle of running calls and putting my life on the line and hopefully get to go home to my wife and kids the last thing I'm thinking about is commas and periods

the fact that you're doing all that while simultaneously posting on volnation is really quite impressive

Reactions: 3 people
I am not saying this all took place in the last few days. It has been going on at the latest since the auburn alabama game weekend and likely before. He has been listening to auburn for weeks now at the very least.

This is why coaches want recruits to shut it down completely. Many posters(not directed at you) have their heads in a pile of orange sand and don't want to admit that.

I realize that but I find it hard to belive the kid just all of a sudden came to realize all those factors. The only thing that has changed is that Auburn has been more successful (wildly) than preseason expectations. I don't put anything past Auburn. They've been dirty for years and have gotten away with it thus they have no reason to stop.

I realize that but I find it hard to belive the kid just all of a sudden came to realize all those factors. The only thing that has changed is that Auburn has been more successful (wildly) than preseason expectations. I don't put anything past Auburn. They've been dirty for years and have gotten away with it thus they have no reason to stop.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that auburn just started pushing to get him in November. I don't Recall them being a factor at all when he commited.

Don't post and drive to a fire or car accident. It's very dangerous. :)

This is why Butch continues to recruit. Decommits are part of the game

I agree with Catbone on something. It will suck to lose Lambert but that's part of the game. Butch is trying to take recruits from other schools and we cheer, other schools are trying to do the same to UT. It's all part of the game. If Lambert isn't a Vol, oh well, someone else will take his spot. This class is awesome regardless of one DL.

Hopefully he signs with UT on Wednesday but if not....Next!

GBO

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with Catbone on something. It will suck to lose Lambert but that's part of the game. Butch is trying to take recruits from other schools and we cheer, other schools are trying to do the same to UT. It's all part of the game. If Lambert isn't a Vol, oh well, someone else will take his spot. This class is awesome regardless of one DL.

Hopefully he signs with UT on Wednesday but if not....Next!

GBO

What's your gut telling you Ron?

Auburn has considerably more talent than us so a juco better be careful going there. Risk being buried like a couple of guys that probably wish they had picked UT last year.

What's your gut telling you Ron?

My gut isn't liking all this silence from VQ. And I didn't like Lambert letting Auburn staff in his house the other day, that's never a good sign this close to the signing period. Lambert kept telling VQ and the staff he was all Vol so let's hope he sticks with that. If we don't hear some good news soon from VQ my guess is a different JUCO DL will be committing soon. JMO

Again, it will suck to lose Lambert but we need to keep our eyes on the ball, this class is still amazing. Butch is changing the culture on the hill and bringing in highly recruited winners. I feel like many of us hang on every single commitment waaaay too closely. Losing recruits happens, just like how Butch steals them from other schools commitment lists. It's all part of the game. And we're just starting silly season, it's only going to get crazier out there. Buckle up, folks!

My gut isn't liking all this silence from VQ. And I didn't like Lambert letting Auburn staff in his house the other day, that's never a good sign this close to the signing period. Lambert kept telling VQ and the staff he was all Vol so let's hope he sticks with that. If we don't hear some good news soon from VQ my guess is a different JUCO DL will be committing soon. JMO

Again, it will suck to lose Lambert but we need to keep our eyes on the ball, this class is still amazing. Butch is changing the culture on the hill and bringing in highly recruited winners. I feel like many of us hang on every single commitment waaaay too closely. Losing recruits happens, just like how Butch steals them from other schools commitment lists. It's all part of the game. And we're just starting silly season, it's only going to get crazier out there. Buckle up, folks!

Word. This staff has proven they can recruit. They'll fill the spot with a quality talent if he leaves.

On another note, I'm curious why VQ hasn't said anything like, "he has gone silent." Think the coaches have asked them to refrain from making a comment so they can try and lock him up?

On another note, I'm curious why VQ hasn't said anything like, "he has gone silent." Think the coaches have asked them to refrain from making a comment so they can try and lock him up?

It is very interesting why VQ hasn't said anything about his silence.

The optmist in me hopes he told them to keep everything quiet so he could give us some massive booms on Wednesday

VN Store

Back