'14 IL TE Daniel Helm (UT commit 4/23/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still shocked 247 has him as low as they do. Top 10 TE everywhere else, including #1 on Rivals, but #13 on 247. Why the spread between those particular two recruiting services?

Helm was selected and will play in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl. This may have been mentioned in here already.

Reactions: 1 person
How is being the No. 1-ranked TE in the country on Rivals not good for a 5-star rating? Not that I care about the stars, but that just seems silly.

Helm wouldn't get a five star rating because he isn't a complete player yet. He is a weapon in the passing game as a receiver but needs to add a lot of size. He will benefit greatly from being an EE.

Reactions: 1 person
In association with the Rotary Club of Houston and the Rotary Lombardi Award, the “Chip Off the Old Block” winners were announced Wednesday.

The finalists were divided into seven geographic regions from the Northeast, Midwest, South, and West as well as an individual state winners from California, Florida, and Texas.

Damien Mama, an offensive guard from Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco; offensive tackle KC McDermott of Wellington (Fla.) Palm Beach Central; Chatham (Ill.) Glenwood tight end Daniel Helm; Woodbridge (Va.) Senior High defensive end Da’Shawn Hand; Nashville (Tenn.) Montgomery Bell Academy offensive tackle Alex Bars; Ft. Worth (Texas) All Saints Episcopal offensive tackle Demetrius Knox, and Portland (Ore.) Central Catholic defensive end Connor Humprheys.

HSFB winners announced for Lombardi Award | NationalHSFootball.com

Spoke with one of Dan's friends today. Said he was one of the best students at his school and is ready to compete.

Talked to Helm...

He said he's ready to be on campus and the countdown has started, 23 days until Helm is officially a Vol.

He really enjoyed his visit and liked that it was very laid back.

said he measured in at 6-4 and is up to 230 pounds now.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 3 people
-Fortenberry

tumblr_static_david-tennant-overy-excited-gif-on-doctor-who.gif

Reactions: 5 people
"Coached pulled up the countdown and it was 23 days. The whole visit made me realize how close the start to the semester really is," Helm said.

"It was just us three (commitments) and it was really laid back and really nice," Helm said. "I liked it a lot and was bale to get to know the coaches a little better. Coach (Mark) Elder actually schooled me quite a bit in ping-pong so I learned that, but it was a good visit."

"This weekend we talked more about formations and getting to know the offense a little bit," Helm said. "I'm going to try and take whatever opportunity I'm given and whatever advantage I can and that's a lot of help."

"It's unfortunate what happened to them with the injuries, but it does give us another opportunity to earn some playing time," Helm added.

Helm measured in at 6-foot-4 and 230-pounds over the weekend.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Chicago Tribune

"Daniel Helm, Chatham Glenwood, Sr., TE

A devastating blocker as well as a sure-handed receiver, the 6-4, 220-pound Helm is the No. 1 TE prospect in the nation according to Rivals.com. Tennessee recruit caught 35 passes for 568 yards and 14 TDs."

Reactions: 7 people
14tds is a lot for a TE. Couple his production with his stellar camp performances and about all you can deduce is that this guy is a beast

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back