'14 GA LB Korie Rogers

UT has it going on right now.. everyone else is just a squirrel trying to get a nut. Too bad they're barking up the wrong tree. Only dog in this state goes by the name of Smokey.. so gawn and GITT OWT.

Reactions: 1 person
Thought this was going to be Ga only lb in this class. Looks like your dog got his a$$ whooped by a tiger

Couldn't help it.....

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly ... How the hell is Clemson doing this year after year? Could it really be $$$$?

I'm mystified....

They've been winning a fair amount of games lately, good tradition, loyal passionate fanbase, close to home for many recruits in GA/FL/NC/SC, small town, nice campus with a lake, family atmosphere, great recruiters, beautiful girls in sun dresses and cowboy boots. I've been there quite a few times on gameday (my in-laws are Clemson alum/fans), it's not a bad place to tailgate and watch a football game.

Just be glad they're not in the SEC, they would recruit even better. That's the main thing that hurts Clemson when they miss on a big recruit, they're not in the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
They've been winning a fair amount of games lately, good tradition, loyal passionate fanbase, close to home for many recruits in GA/FL/NC/SC, small town, nice campus with a lake, family atmosphere, great recruiters, beautiful girls in sun dresses and cowboy boots. I've been there quite a few times on gameday (my in-laws are Clemson alum/fans), it's not a bad place to tailgate and watch a football game.

Just be glad they're not in the SEC, they would recruit even better. That's the main thing that hurts Clemson when they miss on a big recruit, they're not in the SEC.

It's a nice campus, to be sure. They also have a very good gameday atmosphere. The town is kinda boring, though. And they recruit toe-to-toe with the big boys. It seemed to amp up dramatically with Dabo.

I'm not a big conspiracy theorist but the recruiting success of Clemson and Ole Miss definitely make you say "Hmm".......

The town is definitely boring if you were looking for a city. The entire town is nothing but the school. But many recruits like that. It's like Auburn in that way, small town family feel. Remember, many of these kids they're recruiting come from tiny southern towns, they might not want a city. To you and I Knoxville might not seem big but to some kids Knoxville might as well be Atlanta.

And they recruit toe to toe with the big boys because they're very good recruiters and have been there awhile now. Dabo sells that jesus talk like Richt does and he sells it very well to moms and dads. It's not just Dabo either...Dan Brooks, Danny Pearman, Marion Hobby, Jeff Scott, etc...these guys are bigtime recruiters and would be anywhere in the SEC. Dabo takes a small salary (less than $2mil/yr) so he can pay his assistants well. Chad Morris makes $1.3mil/yr and Venebles makes $800k, the position coaches all average around $300k/yr. So they're very well compensated by ACC standards and that brings stability, another thing recruits look for.

Hope I'm not coming off as a Clemson fan, I just know about them from my in-laws and have been to many games in the last decade or so. But trust me, they're jealous as hell of UT and the SEC. My brother in law and father in law would give anything for Clemson to join the SEC. They've had season tickets since the '70's and not missed many games. The pain that USCjr has caused them the last few years has taken a few years off the back end of their lives I can assure you of that. lol

I'm surprised Morris didn't take a HC job this off season. It's only a matter of time. I remember Brooks from our past. Good guy and great recruiter.

Good call on the 'Jesus' sell. Richt definitely uses it to full benefit. I didn't realize Dabo was on the same train. Interesting.

I've always heard Clemson has some compensation issues. I'm sure SC moving to the SEC and kicking the crap out of them makes it about 4 inches smaller. :)

Hahaha Zerodarkthirty probably dirtying his pants right now. UGA was counting on Rogers at lb. also if Clemson gets him and register that's already a pretty sick lb class. Wonder if UGA try's to take a swing at mouhon now. If they do I hope he tells them to shove it.

Hahaha Zerodarkthirty probably dirtying his pants right now. UGA was counting on Rogers at lb. also if Clemson gets him and register that's already a pretty sick lb class. Wonder if UGA try's to take a swing at mouhon now. If they do I hope he tells them to shove it.

Johnny Paycheck

IPTAY working magic again. The reason people think Clemson pays is bc it is proven they have. They have been in trouble more than Miami. Note to prospects, it doesn't help that image when you put pics of your 'payday' on the Internet.

When u think Clemson, you think Kenneth Page.

Reactions: 1 person
IPTAY working magic again. The reason people think Clemson pays is bc it is proven they have. They have been in trouble more than Miami. Note to prospects, it doesn't help that image when you put pics of your 'payday' on the Internet.

When u think Clemson, you think Kenneth Page.

Ya know, come to think of it, there's some troof to that last sentence. That situation always creeps into my mind when the issue of "How does Clemson recruit so well?" comes up.

I know, I know ... Don't convict a criminal of past sins. Still, makes you wonder how much of it still happens.

And most people on this forum believe there's something shady happening at Ole Miss. Why not indict Clemson in the same court of public opinion? I think Clemson has more skeletons in their closet than Ole Miss...

Ya know, come to think of it, there's some troof to that last sentence. That situation always creeps into my mind when the issue of "How does Clemson recruit so well?" comes up.

I know, I know ... Don't convict a criminal of past sins. Still, makes you wonder how much of it still happens.

And most people on this forum believe there's something shady happening at Ole Miss. Why not indict Clemson in the same court of public opinion? I think Clemson has more skeletons in their closet than Ole Miss...

Dewayne Allen slipped up last year in an interview saying as such, Clemson hasn't changed.

Dewayne Allen slipped up last year in an interview saying as such, Clemson hasn't changed.

Nope they haven't.. iptay all day. Don't get me going on Dwayne Allen and how he goes from a 1 year UGA commit to a NSD signing for Clemson. Korie goes from a strong UGA lean for a long time to a Wednesday visit and the deal was $ealed. sounds like we will be going with a few other options at ilb right now. we took 4 last class and bostick will be an ilb for us as well so we might take just 1 ilb this class.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back