'14 GA LB Kevin Mouhon (Former UT commit 7/21)

@JoshHelmholdt: Kelly has been solid. Mouhon is a big boy, little heavy-footed. Malone has been good. Arguably the best WR so far

Response to Vol fan about Army Bowl Vols.

^.....

Kevin Mouhon - That is a big kid. Listed 225, looks more like 245. A little heavy-footed, but comes downhill hard and is stout in run support. Much better moving forward than backward (coverage).

Helmholdt

Mouhon may be heavy footed as Helmholdt says which isn't necessarily a bad thing at middle linebacker. Stout in run support is all I need to hear since he will never be asked to drop in coverage. Looking forward to watching him play Saturday.

Mouhon may be heavy footed as Helmholdt says which isn't necessarily a bad thing at middle linebacker. Stout in run support is all I need to hear since he will never be asked to drop in coverage. Looking forward to watching him play Saturday.

Heavy footed not a bad thing? And he will never drop into coverage? You may need to look a few things up, brother.

Reactions: 4 people

This is only true if he never sees the field. Every LB will drop into coverage numerous times per game.

Reactions: 4 people
Sounded to me like typical 247 trying to create drama when there really isn't any.

Lol. Exactly, it's a misleading article title. He's visiting Cincy for his brother, and it's an OV - free trip. He said its because it's the last time he'll be able to see his brother in school. He's all Vol, and he made that pretty evident in the article.

I took heavy footed to mean he fills the inside gaps and is hard to move out of there against the run.

As for dropping our middle linebacker in coverage, maybe I'm not remembering that we do that frequently. I figured our outside backers did most of the pass coverage.

VN Store

Back