'14 AL RB Racean Thomas

I am starting to think the same thing. If Bo and Rock are jumping on board and with T Jones and TP just reconfirming their commitment today I think Henry might be headed to UT. Which is a fair trade off for UA. Both sides win.:toast:

I agree. The Rich get Richer and we land a very good RB and hopefully 1 more to go along with him. Very good chance that its Williams as the other RB but if we can somehow find a way to get Henry and one of Green, Turman, Williams or Folston it would really help our running game get back on track. Didnt mention Kamara just because it doesnt sound like we have a chance with him or he is one hell of a poker player.

I am starting to think the same thing. If Bo and Rock are jumping on board and with T Jones and TP just reconfirming their commitment today I think Henry might be headed to UT. Which is a fair trade off for UA. Both sides win.:toast:

this is what I have wanted from the beginning. pass on Henry, get Rock and Bo. i would have hated to see a stud local kid (Rock) go somewhere else.

He had 255 yards rushing and 2 tds in a losing effort against Gadsden City this past friday

Did not visit AU last weekend as planned. Says he might might visit AU this weekend for the LSU game, which is a better game and word is make decision the next week.

Did not visit AU last weekend as planned. Says he might might visit AU this weekend for the LSU game, which is a better game and word is make decision the next week.

On another note, is it safe to say you have been a bit surprised by Keith Marshall so far this year?

He didnt put up big number the previous 2 games so it was nice to see him get loose. He mishandled a shotgun snap that was picked up by Gadsden City for the last score of the game in the 3rd, so all things didnt go well in the game.

On another note, is it safe to say you have been a bit surprised by Keith Marshall so far this year?

Not really I have always said he will need to get in the S&C program to be effective and since he was an EE he seems to have really done well there. Also expected him to see the field early once IC was kicked off the team. The same IC I said was trouble last year and glad UA did not get him and UGA fans jumped all over me for.:)

But until he has a big game against the better run stopping teams in the SEC I will hold my opinion about how far he has come. 182 and 104 came against FAU and his only TD. Against Mizzou he ran for 32 yds at 2.7 a carry. Mizzou has never been known for a rud D. He plays against Vandy, UT and USC in his next 3 games. All 3 teams have pretty good Run Ds.

My only issue ever with KM is I never thought he deserved to be a 5 star but always thought with time he would be very good in college.

Marshall was the best back in UA All-American game. Don't know why TW was saying the kid was soft.

Because I saw him in action against several subpar teams last year in HS. When the avg DL you are going against is around 220 and 90% of your plays are run behind a 300+ LT who opens the holes for you and you get stopped as soon as you go past your blocker and can not break tackles I question being rated a 5 star. Espeically when in one of their 1st games a 5'7 130 LB owned him the whole game. Maybe that distorted my view after that.:hi:

Thomas is a stud and very under rated right now. IMO is the perfect every down RB for the SEC.

I wouldnt go as far as to say he is very underrated. He is ranked as the #6 back on 247,thats pretty high at this point. His vision, elusiveness and ability to cutback is what stands out on film but watching him live you will see that he runs with surprising power through the holes. He runs a 4.5 40 which isnt elite speed but very good speed.

Because I saw him in action against several subpar teams last year in HS. When the avg DL you are going against is around 220 and 90% of your plays are run behind a 300+ LT who opens the holes for you and you get stopped as soon as you go past your blocker and can not break tackles I question being rated a 5 star. Espeically when in one of their 1st games a 5'7 130 LB owned him the whole game. Maybe that distorted my view after that.:hi:

I've seen a 5'7 170lb NG wreck teams game after game in 6a Alabama HS football. We found out after we played them the kid was roided up. Which may make you think. A lot of OTM(over the mountain) boys are roided up in HS which is sad. Because they don't know what harm the juice is doing to them.

I wouldnt go as far as to say he is very underrated. He is ranked as the #6 back on 247,thats pretty high at this point. His vision, elusiveness and ability to cutback is what stands out on film but watching him live you will see that he runs with surprising power through the holes. He runs a 4.5 40 which isnt elite speed but very good speed.

What I like the most about him isn't his raw power but his strength that he uses to shed tackles. He's not a true power back but he's a hell of a slasher. Would be what we need in Orange. Has he stopped all that spinning this year?

I've seen a 5'7 170lb NG wreck teams game after game in 6a Alabama HS football. We found out after we played them the kid was roided up. Which may make you think. A lot of OTM(over the mountain) boys are roided up in HS which is sad. Because they don't know what harm the juice is doing to them.

I understand and I also know that KM was always it seemed having to face 10 in the box every play and the coach always gave him the ball, and have always said he has the potential to be a great RB for UGA just did not think he showed me a 5 star rating. Because Henry, Hurd, or Tyner(Oregon commit) who ran for 644yds and 10 TDs in his last game always face a loaded box. And the conference KM played in was not that good compared to areas like Charlotte and Greensboro.

I understand and I also know that KM was always it seemed having to face 10 in the box every play and the coach always gave him the ball, and have always said he has the potential to be a great RB for UGA just did not think he showed me a 5 star rating. Because Henry, Hurd, or Tyner(Oregon commit) who ran for 644yds and 10 TDs in his last game always face a loaded box. And the conference KM played in was not that good compared to areas like Charlotte and Greensboro.

Well he looked like a 5 star in the All-star game to me. And punished Santos who's much bigger than that LB you're talking about.

had 27 carries for 238 yards and 4 TDs in Oxford's win over Huntsville 38-21.
Cameron Toney plays for Huntsville.

Alabama is still the leader after the Auburn visit. per 247 and rivals.

had 27 carries for 238 yards and 4 TDs in Oxford's win over Huntsville 38-21.
Cameron Toney plays for Huntsville.

Alabama is still the leader after the Auburn visit. per 247 and rivals.

And he's got another year to get better before college. He's just what the Vols need in a back.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back