'14 AL QB Kendrick Doss

What are the odds Charlie High starts for Tennessee? I know everyone loves him because he's the local hero....but odds are not in his favor with 4 guys ahead of him and then unless things change another QB this year or in 2015?

I doubt anyone expects CH to start anytime soon. 2-3 years from now? We'll see. If he gets put on scholarship, I think the chance goes way up.

Based on what will someone transfer? Got 4 QBs, 5 counting High. They all can't play. By that logic no team would never have back up QBs. I was all for taking a top rated QBS if it fell in our laps. But I see the position as a want as opposed to a need. I would rather go another direction than taking a QBS for the sake of taking a QB. We have too many other positions of need to address.

Not all QBs are just going to be content with sitting on the bench for 4 years, which is why someone on our current roster will most likely transfer depending on how it all shakes out. 3 Scholarship Qb's isn't depth. Like I said before, Butch wants to have 5 scholarship QB at all times anyway.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I am curious how this played out. You said yesterday he was coming to Tennessee to commit. One would guess the coaches knew he was coming. Then they ignored him and spent no time with him when he got there? Something just seems very off.

Had every intention of committing today, I guess this played out like Booth.

Reactions: 1 person
Not to be picky but we did offer at least (10) QBs for the 2014 class and ALL of them are now committed elsewhere except for Doss and it seems we are now passing on him. 1st choice? Not even close. Taking (2) elite 11 QBs in 1 year WILL hurt recruiting unless your winning titles, and it may even hurt teams doing that. IMO we should focus on a QB for 2015 and it leaves another spot for DL/OL/LB for 2014.

Skipping taking a QB in a class is a bad idea, IMO. We have two freshmen and no seniors. I think that's hurting our recruiting, but you cannot foresee what may happen down the road. If someone transfers, becomes ineligible, etc., I'd rather not be stuck with a walk-on or another Matt Simms at QB. JMO.

Skipping taking a QB in a class is a bad idea, IMO. We have two freshmen and no seniors. I think that's hurting our recruiting, but you cannot foresee what may happen down the road. If someone transfers, becomes ineligible, etc., I'd rather not be stuck with a walk-on or another Matt Simms at QB. JMO.

Doubt that last part happens

I live in Florence and have spoken with the recruiting coordinator at Florence HS. He came up with the Head Coach from Prattville last year and is a Vols fan.

I live in Florence too. If this kid commits I'll have to get over to Braly for a game.

Doubt that last part happens

I do, too. The point is skipping a QB in any class is a dumb decision. And, the staff clearly wants a QB in this class, so I don't even know why this is even up for debate. I don't care how many they've missed on, it's apparent they want one.

Last edited:
To take a qb just to have another body would be a mistake to me. Especially when we have so many high caliber players interested. We could not take one this year and start working on one for next year.

I do, too. The point is skipping a QB in any class is a dumb decision. And, the staff clearly wants a QB in this class, so I don't even know why this is even up for debate. I don't care how many they've missed on, it's apparent they want one.
This. If it were January then yeah I would say just skip it. But it's June. There will be more names pop up out nowhere. We can still find a decent QB for this class.

Lol Bama probably sold him on keeping his jersey clean, handing the ball off, and probably promised him the next Miss Alabama.

What are the odds Charlie High starts for Tennessee? I know everyone loves him because he's the local hero....but odds are not in his favor with 4 guys ahead of him and then unless things change another QB this year or in 2015?

Odds are, Charlie High never takes a snap, except for maybe 4th quarter on senior day in 4 or 5 years.

Odds are, Charlie High never takes a snap, except for maybe 4th quarter on senior day in 4 or 5 years.

If High has not seen PT within a couple years, or at least got a scholarship, I think he transfers. He said when he accepted the walk on spot, he was doing so to see if he could prove himself and see the field at Tennessee. And if he does not, he will look at his options then.

If High has not seen PT within a couple years, or at least got a scholarship, I think he transfers. He said when he accepted the walk on spot, he was doing so to see if he could prove himself and see the field at Tennessee. And if he does not, he will look at his options then.

Who's the guy in your avatar?

This. If it were January then yeah I would say just skip it. But it's June. There will be more names pop up out nowhere. We can still find a decent QB for this class.

Why stretch for just a decent QB in this class with all the other needs? Especially when you can redshirt one of our stud freshman and it's like he's apart of the 2014 class. It would help to land another stud in 2015 too

Why stretch for just a decent QB in this class with all the other needs? Especially when you can redshirt one of our stud freshman and it's like he's apart of the 2014 class. It would help to land another stud in 2015 too

Won't you have the same problem we're having this year? QBs see our depth chart and explore other options.

I agree. No one knew who Nate Peterman was until around the season time/end of summer, IIRC.

Won't you have the same problem we're having this year? QBs see our depth chart and explore other options.

Not really because most schools don't take two elite 11 quarterbacks in the same class. A '15 QB would like to see we didn't sign one in the '14 class even if we redshirt Dobbs or Ferguson

VN Store

Back